Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

minitour

JAFI said:
Bobby, we could start a thread of the most stupid aviation questions we have ever heard. I bet we could go on for days. If nothing else it will amuse the members of the board.

Let me start.

"What is the only part of this airplane you can eat?" I was asked this and almost bitch slapped the asker. His answer - "The bean" it is what he called the ball in the turn and slip indicator. It was such a stupid question I got up and left the table.

JAFI

Figured I'd help ya out with starting the new thread.........since I have no life and nothing else to do anyway.

-mini

on the end of my discovery flight, "did you notice what I did on landing?"

This wasn't a question, but a quote by a non-instrument rated, private pilot owner of a Turbo 210 who came to me for a bi-annual a few years ago...

"It's a great airplane, I love it! The turbo's really handy out here in the mountains. The other day I had to climb all the way up to 20,000 to stay VFR."

Needless to say, his BFR lasted a little longer than most. :p

'Sled

I was at the flight school the other day and one of the instructors was doing ground with a student about to get his private. I was just standing there listening a bit after writing them my massively large check, and the instructor asked the student what the star on top of the airport symbol on VFR sectional charts meant. Without hesitating the student said, "Those have been voted the most popular airports by the FAA".

He might need some more ground before his check ride, but we had a good laugh out of it.

There was a husband and wife on the ATR. He had convinced her that the engines ran on batteries, and she asked me if it was true. The best comeback I could come up with was, "No they don't run on batteries, they use rubber bands."

Since Mini was kind enough to start a thread I will add one more.... not really a question but amusing any way.

I arrived at a crash site (pilot not hurt) with a upside down C-150 sitting in a farmers field on a clear, calm summer day with some of the locals standing around discussing the "cause" of the accident. The aircraft ran out of fuel while passing airports too numerious to count. One man suggested heavy winds aloft (remember it was a calm day) and improper leaning technique while the other man said something about Coriolis Effect. Soon they were shouting and pushing only to be seprated by the sheriff. One had 15 flight hours, the other had 20 flight hours and were in the same private pilot ground school. I wonder what they are like now?

A pre-solo student being quizzed on light gun signals. Was doing very well and hadn't missed any of them but when asked what the red and green alternating light signal means he emphatically replied (after looking as if he was in deep thought), "Merry Christmas from Willard Airport."
I thought it was hilarious and gave him credit for the creative response. He soloed the next day, on schedule.

JAFI said:
...Soon they were shouting and pushing only to be seprated by the sheriff. One had 15 flight hours, the other had 20 flight hours and were in the same private pilot ground school. I wonder what they are like now?
They're hanging out here on flightinfo. :rolleyes:

Few years back I had a phone call from a fella who was interested in getting his license. He said he wanted to start the following week and he also mentioned he took the entire week off of work. I questioned why he took the week off of work and he replied, "FAA says I can get my license in 40 hours so I figured I'd do it next week."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back