Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Study Finds Opening Love Field to Long-Haul flying would have Serious Conserquences

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
erj-145mech said:
Hey SWA/FOD, where were you in 1978 when all this went down? I'd bet that you were sucking on a fudgecicle and watching cartoons.

Actually I don't even think he was born yet. He is indeed young, and has a long career ahead of him and will probably retire a millionaire, and you, well you should just retire.:puke:

Dangerkitty said:
Well since you guys seem to be so much better than the rest of us why dont you just come to DFW and face off on AA head to head?

You now have the finances and the pricing power to do whatever in the heck you want. Don't you? Why are you so scared about flying in and out of DFW?

And don't give me the whole crap about the delays out of DFW. I flew out of there for 3 years and it is much better than most of the other airports out there.

I don't know much about Southwest, but I do know this much: if your maintenance hangars, training facility, headquarters and infrastructure at at one airport, how could you reasonably move operations to another? You would have to duplicate everything. Unless there's a taxiway from Love to DFW. What a waste. I've been surprised that the SWA spokesmen never seem to mention this fact, they just talk about not wanting to enter the Lion's den. I'm sure they would be QUITE willing to enter the den, if they hadn't spent tens (hundreds? I don't know how big a complex they have) of millions at Love.

I think the Wright Amendment is going to go away, piece by piece, instead of all at once. Y'know what? AMR will survive and SWA will grow a little larger.

Remember the "Southwest Effect"? Southwest's customers aren't the same as AMRs. This was also the case with Valujet/AirTran and Delta. They have two seperate customer bases.

canyonblue said:
Actually I don't even think he was born yet. He is indeed young, and has a long career ahead of him and will probably retire a millionaire, and you, well you should just retire.:puke:

Yeah, because SWA's retirement package is so good. :rolleyes:

Dangerkitty said:
You guys agreed to a deal 30 years ago and now you want it changed. Sorry it's not in the cards. Either fly out of DFW or continue to fly out of Love with it's restrictions.

I never agreed to it, so piss off. WA is going away du da, du da. WA is going away and AA will have to pay.:crying:

canyonblue said:

And I'll still be around when you retire. Mech's don't have to quit on the 60th birthday. I plan on at least 50 years wrenching, and happy as a clam.

Hey SWA Twerps!

erj-145mech said:
And I'll still be around when you retire. Mech's don't have to quit on the 60th birthday. I plan on at least 50 years wrenching, and happy as a clam.

I wouldn't pick on the mech too much. He is probably a lot better pilot than any of you are a mech. Makes a good point about the retirement age (very key, and some of them make pretty good CEOs [certainly better than pilots]) and he also brings up a good point I was staying away from with you SWA types...You DON'T fly to IAH anymore! Run out maybe? I don't know about that but I can tell you this: I sure don't miss the inordinately fast surface movement or the pathetic, breathless, blurted-out radio jibberish.

Last edited:
Flopgut said:
I wouldn't pick on the mech too much. He is probably a lot better pilot than any of you are a mech. Makes a good point about the retirement age (very key, and some of them make pretty good CEOs [certainly better than pilots]) and he also brings up a good point I was staying away from with you SWA types...You DON'T fly to IAH anymore! Run out maybe? I don't know about that but I can tell you this: I sure don't miss the inordinately fast surface movement or the pathetic, breathless, blurted-out radio jibberish.

Ah yes, the voice of reason returns.:nuts:

Latest resources

Back