Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Study Finds Opening Love Field to Long-Haul flying would have Serious Conserquences

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ivauir said:
If we'd been forced out of LUV, we'd have been forced out of business. That is a pretty big gun to me.

It is anti competetive, anti consumer ad unjust. Buh Bye
Well since you guys seem to be so much better than the rest of us why dont you just come to DFW and face off on AA head to head?

You now have the finances and the pricing power to do whatever in the heck you want. Don't you? Why are you so scared about flying in and out of DFW?

And don't give me the whole crap about the delays out of DFW. I flew out of there for 3 years and it is much better than most of the other airports out there.

I agree w/ CanyonBlue. Laws need to be revisitied and changed when they have become outdated or unfair. It appears the WA was a means to protect DFW in its infancy and allow it to grow with little competition. Today DFW has grown to one of the largest airports in the world, housing the largest airline in the world. DFW no longer needs protection from the federal government to be successful.

The article by Congressman Wright talks about the FAA being concerned w/ airpace/ traffic management due to larger aircraft. No one is asking for larger airplanes to fly into DAL.

I'm not an operations expert, but hypothetically what would be the problem w/ allowing a customer to purchase a ticket to fly to LAS or BWI via HOU or ABQ out of DAL? How does that traffic? If the WA prohibited the size or volume of traffic out of DAL then I could possibly see the safety side of the law. But how does prohibiting an airline to provide service, even if not direct service, impact DFW?

Dangerkitty said:
Besides, a deal is a deal. And this one was a good deal.

A guy named Jim Wright has no proprietary ownership of this agreement. It was a compromise hammered out by a lot of people. Equally fair to everyone, it treats all airline carriers alike.

I don't have a current figure on just how much has been invested in D/FW Airport, but I'll assure you of this: It's well into the billions. And I can't tell you how exactly much it has brought to the economies of our neighboring counties, but this is certain: It's in the multiple billions!

Every resident of North Texas has a big investment in D/FW Airport and both a financial and civic interest in its future.

Danger kitty,

Were you on Flightinfo when we talked about this article by Jim Wright back in July? Saying he has no ownership is ridiculous. He helped broker the deal and feels like its an insult to him to challenge it. His view is myopic at best.

A deal is a deal?? That fallacy would be funny if not so damaging. You are wrong or ignorant on some critical details. One of which is the assumption this "deal" should last forever. It helped a fledgling young airport and their bond holders. That "deal" has been long ago been honored for the benefit of those needing it. Yes, DFW is good for Texas. But so is Dallas Love. Dallas is bigger now and 2 viable airports are good for North Texas. The BS you have been fed saying otherwise will only serve to limit growth in North Texas and will benefit only DFW and AA. Go tell Chicago and other cities that having two, or more, airports will ruin their economies. They will laugh you out of the room.

Guys, the writting is on the wall... the WA will be EXPIRED/DISSOLVED/REPEALED!

It is only a matter of time.

erj145-mech...

Only has 1250 hours? He is not flying any heavy metal into DFW or DAL....don't listen to him.

thats a little bit heavier then a C-172...but not required to say "HEAVY" at the end of the call sign, no

SWA/FO said:
erj145-mech...

Only has 1250 hours? He is not flying any heavy metal into DFW or DAL....don't listen to him.

Hey SWA/FOD, where were you in 1978 when all this went down? I'd bet that you were sucking on a fudgecicle and watching cartoons. By this time frame I was already an aircraft inspector releasing aircraft for service after major modifications an inspections. What does time in the pit of cocks have to do with the subject matter at hand?

How much two and four engined tail dragger time do you have? When I was getting B-17 training, I got two engine out approaches, how many two engine out approaches to missed do you have? See, it not relevent either.

Now go tell Colleen that you need another big cup of company kool aid and let the men discuss this.

Ok.... you got me on that one... you are da man..a very old man, so who do you wrench for? AAE?

I work for a third party maintenance outfit. I'm involved with 747-400's, 318/319/320 Airbii, 72's, 73's, 75's, Md-11's, and freighter conversions.

Old, I just turned 52 last week, but have been licenced since I was 20.

Latest resources

Back