• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you think there's a chance, let your employer know where you stand now. The advance notice might prevent him from committing to something that he can't deliver.

No offense,
but from looking at your profile it appears that you have never had to fly charter during your career. My employer,like many others on this board,does NOT care about my personal views concerning Netjets. They are in business to make money and if the phone rings for a charter quote the boss gives out the quote and I fly the trip. No questions asked. He gets the business, I fly the trip. If I refuse to fly I will be fired. Simple. Its easy to talk about "integrety" and "character" when you have union protection. Will you get fired if you refuse to fly UPS's boxes if they go on strike?

Johnny

Tony C -

Superb post. Let me amend that - outstanding post.

This is actually a simple issue. Pilots that climb into an aircraft for ANYONE and fly a trip carrying Netjets or Marquis owners contracted by Netjets during a legally authorized strike by Netjets pilots are flying struck work. Asking Netjets pilots to ignore that basic fact is absurd. If you are faced with that situation, you have a decision to make. You can stand behind Netjets pilots trying to make our industry a better place or you can do something else. That something else carries consequences.

The bottom line is that if our contract generates better pay and working conditions, those will travel through the 135 industry because your employers will fear losing valued employees to Netjets. We will have 5000 pilots within a few years. We will have a good contract. That demand will force other 135 companies to follow suit or lose pilots. Work with us now and you will reap the benefits. Fly struck work and reap what you sew.

Starman said:
The bottom line is that if our contract generates better pay and working conditions, those will travel through the 135 industry because your employers will fear losing valued employees to Netjets. We will have 5000 pilots within a few years. We will have a good contract. That demand will force other 135 companies to follow suit or lose pilots. Work with us now and you will reap the benefits. Fly struck work and reap what you sew.

Just when I thought it was impossible to surpass the foolish optimism of netjetwife. Are you sure you're not netjetwife's husband ???

This must be where netjetwife jumps in with my other favorite union knucklehead tag-line, "a rising tide lifts all boats..."

:D

Last edited:
Good for the Goose...

TonyC said:
Pilots would much rather have brother pilots stand together. Stand up for each other and you'll rise higher together. On the other hand, let your brothers down and it lets us all down.

My boss is talking about selling one of our planes because we've asked for a raise and now he says the'll just sell the darn plane and have NetJets fill in the lift. If you guys say that you will refuse to fly a demo or any flight with my boss or his employees on board, I'm sure to do the same for you. You can all line up and PM me with your commitments.

Ace

Starman said:
Tony C -

Superb post. Let me amend that - outstanding post.

This is actually a simple issue. Pilots that climb into an aircraft for ANYONE and fly a trip carrying Netjets or Marquis owners contracted by Netjets during a legally authorized strike by Netjets pilots are flying struck work. Asking Netjets pilots to ignore that basic fact is absurd. If you are faced with that situation, you have a decision to make. You can stand behind Netjets pilots trying to make our industry a better place or you can do something else. That something else carries consequences.

I can't speak for ALL of my 91/135 brothers, but the more posts like this we read the more we hope you FAIL!!! Yes, FAIL. I used to be on your side, but now I'm seeing what a selfish, self-righteous group of people you are. Starman, you should stay with a job with a union, because any corporate flight department (like ours) would can your a$$ in about 10 minutes.

The union does what you want, and the majority of you (not you Diesel) have made your position loud and clear. You want to make our lives harder, we'll respond in the same way, any chance we get.

Ace

Gulfstream 200 said:
anyhow, just curious also,,...does a Fedex pilot stop flying packages that might have gone on UPS if his "Brothers" strike?....or is he a SCAB also? How does he sleep at night?
My guess...just fine.

If any airline operates a flight in lieu of a UPS flight and carries UPS packages during a strike, the crew would definitely be scabs. Theres no way a Fedex crew would ever participate in such activity.

I wouldnt let it get you THAT worked up....

They just have no basis, thus not much support...

Here is the summary:

"I was happy to take that job at 1/3 industry pay last year, but now Im furious at the big bad company, and I want Industry Pay -- or Im striking - my Union speaks for me!" "Were organized and Netjetwife is making cakes and manning the hotline"

Its farkin comical!

How does one support that?

Fellas, we never wanted you to take those wages, in fact, we hated it.

Good Luck

Ace-of-the-Base said:
I can't speak for ALL of my 91/135 brothers, but the more posts like this we read the more we hope you FAIL!!! Yes, FAIL. I used to be on your side, but now I'm seeing what a selfish, self-righteous group of people you are. Starman, you should stay with a job with a union, because any corporate flight department (like ours) would can your a$$ in about 10 minutes.

The union does what you want, and the majority of you (not you Diesel) have made your position loud and clear. You want to make our lives harder, we'll respond in the same way, any chance we get.

Ace

Very well said. Right now my co-pilot is entertaining another job offer, that he deserves, and I will be most likely looking for another pilot in the very near future. What do you NJ guys think the chances are that I will consider any of you after reading the idiocy of guys like Tony C and Starman? If the majority of you don't agree with their views then you need to make that known loud and clear to your representatives because you are eroding your support from the industry. Thanks, ace.

Hell, at this point I thinking Im better off if these guys go ahead with the threat and p!ss everybody off in the corporate world. At least that will eliminate some of my competition for the better corporate jobs.

Interviewer: "So, your one of those Netjet scabs?"
Me: (nervously)"yeah,thats right."
Interviewer: "Me too! Congratulations, your hired!":D

Johnny

transpac said:
If any airline operates a flight in lieu of a UPS flight and carries UPS packages during a strike, the crew would definitely be scabs. Theres no way a Fedex crew would ever participate in such activity.

WHAT????

How are you going to know that I sent my box Fedex because UPS is on strike? Im still sending my package no matter what...how you going to know?

THATS THE POINT HERE...

Im not talking about hopping in the airplane and starting it up for UPS, Im talking about flying thier customers boxes. ITS THE SAME THING...

support your "brothers" ...my a$$....your going to be enjoying the increased revenue and profit sharing from moving more boxes. Thats a "Brother" for ya!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back