• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
miles otoole said:
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhtt.

Who's the dummy now?

I agree. The passengers don't know who the pilots are, or where they came from.

Rattler71

Just an old Cub Pilot, not trying to start a bash, but evidently some netjet pilots have large egos..........Ill stick to flying my Cub, im teaching a netjets pilot wife to fly.....she enjoys all that time her hubby is away from home.

J3 Guy

bravodude said:
Oh yes they do. These are not stupid people, they know more then you think.

I think if crew training were there only motivation for using a fractional, they would hire and use their own pilots and planes. They are in for one reason only, it is cheaper than having their own flight department. This is not a cut against anyone or the fractional company, but money rules all!

Rattler

You think NetJet pilots will be replaced by scabs??? Nope, all your flights will be covered by contract vendors who are already doing the majority of your work.

Go ahead, strike, your passengers like having an airplane that is not beat up and a crew that enjoys who they work for.

WoW

Amazing how an old timer in a J-3 cub can throw a little "flame-bait" on this site and everyone bites....comm,n guys, lets not get to excited here. We all know that Netjet pilots are NOT going to strike anytime soon, and regardless of the economy at least we still have a job. Just my .02cents. Keep the blue side up!

El Chupacabra said:
The reason we won't strike is that as soon as we are released the company will fold like an oiled beach chair.

I completly agree with you that your pay needs to come up.

However, There are a kazillion pilots out there with every concievable Citation type. The 550 and 560 series is to pro pilots, what the 172 is to the private pilot, you can't throw a rock in a pack of pro pilots and not hit somebody with a bunch of PIC time in Citations. Probably 60% of all the non military airline furloughees spent a couple of years in the left seat of a Citation somewhere along their career.

It would hurt Netjets for sure, I doubt it would put them out though. There would be enough anti union bozo's out there to keep a good portion of the fleet flying.

Having said all that. I hope you guys figure out a way to get your payscale up. Between the RJ's and the Fractionals, it's getting tough to keep a decent payscale over on the 121 and part 91 side as well.

Latest resources

Back