• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Street Captains?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No it isn't, Skybus was a great job with great people and potential.. I'm not some small penis kid you can intimidate with these type of remarks. I didn't hid my employment at SX for a reason.

I took a calculated risk, it didn't pay off... Prior calculated risks have made me a millionaire several times over.. (don't believe me, send your email address via PM and I'll prove it).. nuff said.

I'm sick of the Skybus remarks.. grow up people.

...you've earned those remarks....You are quick to lecture other people about doing what is right and you yourself took a job at a carrier that made things worse for everyone....Skybus gave seats away and didn't pay anything....Pot meet kettle....

The thing that rubs people the wrong way is when people like you and PCL128 lecture people about "doing what is right" when you take jobs at Skybus and Gulfstream.....Hypocrite doesn't even begin to describe it....

LOL....funny......didn't you both violate a reg?

funny, nope I didnt. When they do not adhere to a warning shot you just shot off like "check speed", for example. Thats what is funny. Seen it too many times and not just 121 world either. You think some airline cpts are bad, fly with some corporate cpts !

funny, nope I didnt. When they do not adhere to a warning shot you just shot off like "check speed", for example. Thats what is funny. Seen it too many times and not just 121 world either. You think some airline cpts are bad, fly with some corporate cpts !

I just bet you are the second coming of Chuck Yeager and Charles Lindberg himself! A true aviation God!

Check the ego.

Nope, you didn't? Every time you post I laugh. You must be aviation's Savior! Check speed....thats all you got (I thought you said you chew captains up and spit them out)...and you have seen it too many times! I doubt that, but it does sound good when you read it on FI! If you were both acting as required crewmembers....you both violated a reg...period!

...you've earned those remarks....You are quick to lecture other people about doing what is right and you yourself took a job at a carrier that made things worse for everyone....Skybus gave seats away and didn't pay anything....Pot meet kettle....

The thing that rubs people the wrong way is when people like you and PCL128 lecture people about "doing what is right" when you take jobs at Skybus and Gulfstream.....Hypocrite doesn't even begin to describe it....

"Joe"

Just because of our history, I will give you an answer, otherwise I'm done with this thread.

Myself and PCL don't agree on much these days, so don't lump us together. He's never been burned by the regionals and lost his job at a mainline to their growth for one.

As to being a hypocrite, I haven't lectured LCC pilots for lowering the bar since my furlough at American some 7 years ago.. I am not in the same mind as I was then, I've matured and changed my mind on that. I am also no big fan of ALPA (APA to a bit, but still failed on scope) and haven't been for a while, I'm more of an IBT supporter, they were the union we almost had on the property at SX to fix what the CEO did to our founders company. I'm proud of our accomplishment with that alone form my short time with SX.

Skybus didn't start the slash and burn, and nickel and dime model, they just tried to capitalize on it and upfront make it clear that this was their model. Terrible management that stole the company form it's founder (he's trying to raise funds to re-start it) was the reason it failed.

I took that job, like 80% of the guys who did because there wasn't much else going on, and we all were either out of work, or in crappy jobs, mostly as a result of furloughs as a result of the disappearing mainline or tough luck (nice that you're immune to that being in an RJ, where all the job growth is) In the end there was a lot of potential with the stock options (it worked for Southwest and JetBLue) so it's not like the typical FI.com uninformed idiot likes to say, that we lowered the bar just because of the hourly rate being so low.. There was also pay structures in play that make it so the net pay for the days worked was on par with many narrow body LCC's.

There was a lot of upside if the company had done well, and there was every reason to believe they could (Ryanair in the EU proved it). I'm not going to compare this experience with the RJ phenomenon that has created all the jobs in the "Regionals" rather than mainline, sorry... One is the bane of the industry and the other is a result of it.

Have you maybe thought that you're a bit of a mother hen, and a bit A-type to fly with. You probably drive every copilot you fly with nuts. Try "picking your battles" Safety is not the same as being able to quote all the regs and fly 249.9 KIAS below 9999.9' every time perfectly!

Its all about job security at this point.

I don't have a dog in this fight. BUT, why are you worried about job security if you are a millionaire "several" times over.

I don't have a dog in this fight. BUT, why are you worried about job security if you are a millionaire "several" times over.

Cause I like flying for a living... having independent wealth isn't the same as having a job.

edit: Like I said, if you think I'm BSing you, pm me your email and I'll forward pics of some of my toys, including $20K watches, Custom guitars, a Mercedes, a BMW, and a $8500 mountain bike but to name a few things.. I'm not trying to turn this into a show and tell, but you all seem to question my value as a result of my jobs.. Heck! I'll bet the set of luggage I just got to travel with costs more than some of your cars. If you want to question my value as a result of working at Skybus, fine.. so I'm going to see you and raise you.. what's YOUR net worth? ;)

Last edited:

this from a guy who's post on another thread reads:
Translation: Joe Merchant will do his part to maintain lowering the wage scale against you in order to ensure his own safety and security in the little piece of ATR heaven he's sliced out for himself.
Everyone is trying to ensure their own "safety and security" at this point....At least I am honest about it.....It's fixin to get ugly and I am going to do whatever is necessary to hold onto my seat....

Sorry if the truth destroys your perfect image of this so-called union we belong to.....

what's YOUR net worth? ;)

You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, hot pink, with whale skin hubcaps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights. Yeah! And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 miles an hour, getting 1 mile per gallon, sucking down quarter pounder cheeseburgers from McDonald's in the old-fashioned non- biodegradable Styrofoam containers!

Now what was the chorus to that song again?

Even if I had eleventy three kajillion dollars, I'd be humiliated if the world heard me bragging about flouncing around with the latest "That's Hot" luggage. 20K watches? Wow.

I bet you can't ride on all the adult rides at Disney, can you? Then again, your wealth and toys are probably blinging a Swatch in a busted Civic.

Latest resources

Back