• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Street Captains?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the problem relief? I asked an honest question and you get all bent out of shape. Just curious as to what they are projecting at this point. I'm not trying to say NetJets is better than WN. Different strokes for different folks. In my opinion, those are the 2 best opportunities out there at this point. 2 companies that have always been highly profitable, providing long term job security.

The last time I was in the j/s at WN the FO told me it was a 10+ year upgrade and that it was a sore spot for the new guys since the contract was negotiated with faster upgrade times in mind.

Thank you FMS. Still a good contract to say the least. Unfortunately, many contracts in this industry are negotiated with management dangling the quick upgrade carrot in front of the pilot group. The quick upgrades always eventually come to a stop.

I don't want to start a fight or insult session, but you claim to have "all the neat ones" for ratings, so maybe you're indeed a 747,L1011, DC10 multi-thousand hour captain choosing to fly an RJ for fun... but I would argue the "Tool" is the guy who thinks his few years of RJ experience bouncing between the same 6 city pairs now makes him God's gift to aviation... Were I to get an FO with 20000+ hours that used to be a CA at ATA for 25+ years, I'd treat him with respect and exercise the best possible CRM with him, keeping only the fact that I'm "legally" PIC in my mind.

Well, brother, you ARE the one that claimed to be better than the first officer sitting next to you. Lucky you dont work here at RP, because if that is the way you feel, you would have a tough time here. We are a purdy neat bunch of people here at RP and we do not have captains that think they are better than someone else. At least none that I have worked with. Nor have I ever heard of any that thought that. Now, I know you are an ex sky nazi, being from American. Maybe you should stick with that. That would fit your "personality" much better.....nuff said.

Ocean, two weeks ago I would have in a heartbeat to keep from going to India, but I'll stick with CS now that they hired me.

Roger, I didnt intend to say I'm better than anyone, just better than some jobs. Sorry if that offends you.

Duplicate

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back