Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wndshr said:
please remember klhoard...

you must EARN the respect of your civilian counterparts at fedex, ups, dhl etc. respect is earned ONLY by experience, for which you have only a very limited amount of.

please don't make the mistake while in the cockpit of pontificating about an industry that represents complexities far beyond your level of understanding....your counterparts sitting next to you will greatly appreciate it!

good day son!

Please Mr. wndshr, let me sit at your ample knee and soak up the wisdom you're so eager to impart! I'm absolutely dying to earn your respect! Without it, I feel empty and alone! BTW, when was I claiming any particular expertise on this thread? You, sir, are a laughable clown. Thanks for the chuckle!

hoya the wannabe wndshr

Daedalus said:
I find it unusual that so many FedEx folks feel compelled to pontificate on how jetBlue pilots should be careful about working without a real contract.
Where did a FedEx folk say that on this thread?

wndshr said:
you guys are embarrassing good men out there who know when to "watch, listen and learn."
Yeah, like the "good men" that can contribute nothing to this thread other than cheap shots and name calling. If you only realized how IGNORANT that makes you look... :rolleyes:

Let's review, folks. This thread was going along quite pleasantly. wndshr postulated that the REASON Jetblue pilots have a 5-year contract is that the FAs have a 5-year contract, and the "stink it would raise if the pilots didn't have the same thing [as the FAs]..." I disagreed with his opinion, offering as an example the introduction of the RJ rates and the resultant "stink."

He has offered not one scintilla of logical rationale to refute that observation. Rather, he has launched a campaign of name-calling and chaff-throwing, and his oh-so-mature compatriots have joined along in the party. At the same time, he smugly advises us to sit, listen, and learn.

Well, I've learned, alright. I've learned that he's an arrogant, pompus, blowhole that HAS no substance, and has no intelligence, and deserves no respect.

Kinda reminds me of FoxHunter.

Foxhunter, is that YOU!?

I know, you can't stand it because I ignore you, so you changed your name?

Oh, this is so funny.

SUNDOWN said:
TonyC, you need to spend a little more time outdoors. Dude, you fly all night and still have time for over 3500 posts? Get a life.
Another shining example of intelligence.

hoya saxa said:
Please Mr. wndshr, let me sit at your ample knee and soak up the wisdom you're so eager to impart!

Man, you really are gay aren't you? "Not that there's anything wrong with that".

IB6 UB9 said:
Here's what I think. I think TonyC is a legacy reject that landed at Fedex because he couldn't get hired anywhere else...and now struts around the grocery stores in his uniform spouting off about how he is the highest paid in the industry. He applied during the big hiring boom, couldn't get a job, finally applied at Fedex, had some recommendations from his "call sign buddies" (which they still use everytime they speak to each other, like at bars, during phone calls, and family functions) and got hired. Shortly after...his shat doesn't stink, he is the industry expert, and goes around saying "ya, while all you were going to the legacies...I had a vision and went to Fedex. (beats chest) Me cool, shat no stink!! Tony, there are a few of you dorks at every airline...I bet my buddies at your company groan when they have to share a flight deck with you. Keep your drivel going though...you are approaching General Lee Wrong territory! Tool.

Actually Tony was hired to drive one of those little FedEx trucks/vans for some reason. He was later hired as an Internal pilot applicant. Sort of like getting a pilot job at Jet Blue after working in the back for a while.:) Hmm, not sure if he tried that also.:(

Please excuse Tony because he has been in a great deal of hurt in recent days.

Actually, Tony, you are only partially correct in my estimation.:p

Yes, the EMB pay rates stink. That much has been widely accepted by the JB pilot group as a whole.

Now, you say that the "stink" we raised has not changed anything. I respectfully disagree.

When the new contract was released, the EMB pay rates were included. This was the first time such rates were ever officially announced, and the pilot group took great exception to those numbers, as well as many other issues that were part of the proposed contract.

Subsequently, the company recognized--after hosting numerous pilot sessions and taking individual input for weeks--that certain issues within the new contract were (unintentionally, in my view) detrimental to the pilot group as a whole. I was quite proud of our group--we managed to convey our positions in emphatic, sometimes emotional and certainly unequivocal terms, and we did so in support of those not yet hired.

For example, a proposed plan to have professional arbitration to reconcile individual pilot/company disputes was canned upon review. Cost-sharing was the determining factor. Likewise, ill-advised provisions that would have allowed the company to take adverse job action against a pilot for failure to adhere to JetBlue's company values were retracted (for obvious reasons...who defines the value, who determines the severity?) Other issues, such as the new Airbus and EMB pay rates, PTO provisions, and liability indemnity increases were retained.

Does the fact that the EMB rates were maintained mean that nothing was accomplished? In fact, no. Our management has heard the pilot group loud and clear. These rates are still substandard, but the need for change has been established. How that change will take place is yet to be determined, but I think it somewhat disingenuous that you would suggest that our voices were not heard. Slow movement is not as fulfilling as quick:) , but I honestly believe that our current management team is willing to listen and take appropriate action once the aircraft has become established.

Thank you, Eagleflip, for your thoughtful, unemotional contribution to the thread.

Eagleflip said:
Actually, Tony, you are only partially correct in my estimation.:p

Now, you say that the "stink" we raised has not changed anything. I respectfully disagree.

... I think it somewhat disingenuous that you would suggest that our voices were not heard.
It's good to get back to the discussion. Certainly the changes that you described are not visible from the outside, so you might appreciate my misperception. wndshr could have rectified that misperception quite simply by stating what you have stated rather than by attacking me personally. Perhaps wndshr didn't know these things, and needs to be educated on the work that was done on his behalf regarding the arbitration and company values issues.

On a finer point, I did not say that your voices were not heard. I'm aware that you have the opportunity to voice your opinions, and I've heard about the sessions, and I know specifically that you voiced your displeasure about the RJ rates. What I said was that they resulted in no change, and I did so to contradict wndshr's explanation as to why you have a five year contract. He suggested that the FA's stink (hmm, better clarify that... not their body odor, but the raucous they'd raise ;) ) would have been influential to the point of management imposing a five year contract rather a contract of any other length.

Given the information you have supplied I will admit that I was wrong in saying it brought no change. However, I maintain that wndshr's assertion is incorrect; a stink raised by the FAs could not have been sufficient to change the way pilot contracts are handled.

And that's my opinon.

FoxHunter said:
Wah, wah, wah, wah wah wah wah. Wah wah wah wah wah wah.

Wah wah wha wah wah. Wah wah.

Wah.
Amazing.

I mention his name, and he shows up.

FoxHunter already collected his marbles and went home, because he doesn't want to play with the neighborhood kids anymore. He's hanging out of his second floor bedroom window now, crying because we won't change the game rules to suit him.

Wanna vote? Be a member.

TonyC said:
Where did a FedEx folk say that on this thread?

Yeah, like the "good men" that can contribute nothing to this thread other than cheap shots and name calling. If you only realized how IGNORANT that makes you look... :rolleyes:

Let's review, folks. This thread was going along quite pleasantly. wndshr postulated that the REASON Jetblue pilots have a 5-year contract is that the FAs have a 5-year contract, and the "stink it would raise if the pilots didn't have the same thing [as the FAs]..." I disagreed with his opinion, offering as an example the introduction of the RJ rates and the resultant "stink."

He has offered not one scintilla of logical rationale to refute that observation. Rather, he has launched a campaign of name-calling and chaff-throwing, and his oh-so-mature compatriots have joined along in the party. At the same time, he smugly advises us to sit, listen, and learn.

Well, I've learned, alright. I've learned that he's an arrogant, pompus, blowhole that HAS no substance, and has no intelligence, and deserves no respect.

Kinda reminds me of FoxHunter.

Foxhunter, is that YOU!?

I know, you can't stand it because I ignore you, so you changed your name?

Oh, this is so funny.

EASSSSSY TONY C and friends.....

i challenge you to find a quote of mine where i am name calling?

i am merely giving a verbal "timeout" and offering advice that could help a fella's career at the cargo's. now even i know that advice is free and you get what you pay for....it just may make for a better trip! especially if you are flying some long international 5 or 6 day trip to the edge of the earth!

i was very careful to not group any name(s), just certain profiles. however, for most of us, we have all flown with the type of folks that seem to have become an overnight (no pun intended) expert in civilian aviation. what is even worse is when those "experts" try to draw parallels between different sectors of civilian aviation....i hope i don't have to remind you that comparing cargo to passenger aviation is a very large leap, and a leap that requires experience in BOTH venues in order to be heard, appreciated and respected.

in my lonely opinion....your repeated attempts (numerous other topics) to flamebait folks over the B6 about emb pay finally motivated me to send you and friends to school and offer a verbal timeout.

i am sorry if i have hurt your feelings, or any of your friends feelings, but i feel it is important to KNOW your target audience, and be thoroughly briefed on subject matter before launching flamebait that exposes your lack of experience in our sector of aviation.

i am sure you will be relieved to know that i would not think of posting statements on the cargo or military forum. i respectfully leave that task to those that have earned that credential with experience.

Latest resources

Back