Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stories of pilots trying to impress women!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're a guy, you see three females sitting in the bar, they appear to be talking about a certain aircraft. One looks like a prospective target so you start your approach. Do you say:
1. Heeeyyyyy baby, want to go for a ride in my [insert name of aircraft]?
2. Excuse me, are you talking about a [insert proper name of aircraft type]? Cool, I've always wanted to fly one. [or] That was my [first/second/hundredth] type.
3. You interrupt their conversation with a loud song and dance.

Success chances:
1. Depends on the ratio of aircraft desireability to your appearance. For example: If it is a mostly airworthy DC-3, one has to not be actively dry-heaving from your stench, this will work. If it's a 172, you'll need to have a recent shower and a shave, and that 'baby' comment was one strike.
2. Probably will work too well, the ugly one will be interested in you, too.
3. Unless you are Tom Cruise at a young age, not going to work very well. You just interrupted a conversation about airplanes.

Good luck guys!

aussiefly said:
now thats brings me to an interesting question how does it work with airlines? Is the whole FA's cavorting with pilots just another dorky glamour wish or does it really happen?.

no it really happens, but you'll wish it hadn't 99.9% of the time. be smart, date and marry outside the profession.

canyonblue737 said:
no it really happens, but you'll wish it hadn't 99.9% of the time. be smart, date and marry outside the profession.

Taking a swim in the company pool is a bad thing.

gearjockey said:
If that fails, I can often salvage by telling them I attended the Harvard of the sky!

ERAU

Right. I'm deeply skeptical that saying "harvard of the sky" will salvage anything.

You are aware, aren't you, that in the world outside of the Riddle marketing department the "harvard of the skies" bit is nothing more than something to snicker at?

A Squared said:
Right. I'm deeply skeptical that saying "harvard of the sky" will salvage anything.

You are aware, aren't you, that in the world outside of the Riddle marketing department the "harvard of the skies" bit is nothing more than something to snicker at?

Yeah, I'm betting he knew all that when he typed it out. ;) I laughed, but maybe it wasn't meant to be funny.

ReverseSensing said:
Yeah, I'm betting he knew all that when he typed it out. ;) I laughed, but maybe it wasn't meant to be funny.
For the most part, the flaimebait Riddle posts on here, are just that, flamebait. The dorks that ruin the reputation for the rest of us, aren't thick skinned enough to actually survive on flight info.

flip side of the coin

Hello, new here would like to add that as a female pilot the results are the exact opposite. Blows most men away when they find out I fly. One poor guy just went to studdering and stammering so bad my friend and I had to leave. I keep telling my female friends who have trouble meeting guys they need to get their PPL.:rolleyes:

jumppilot said:
Why not just tell them what you do? Don't be a douche about it. If they ask, you're an airline pilot. If they ask questions, tell them.

Stop trying to pretend this career is so cool that you need to hide what you do in fear of everyone realizing that you just might be a douche, which you probably are.

"Oh, I'm a heavy equipment operator" <--- DOUCHE
"I work in high-speed aluminum tubing" <---DOUCHE

Compared to,

"I work at the airport" <---COOL

If they ask you more questions,

"I'm an airline pilot" <---COOL

You're an airline pilot. GET OVER YOURSELF!

This thread is stupid.

what he said.

Gorilla said:
Years ago, I flew with some of the boys who were young in the '60's and early '70's "free love" era. From the stories they told, and I have no reason to doubt them because there are too many, and they're all alike, it was very real and happened almost nightly.

Now? Not even close to the cliche. :bawling:

Ah yes, back in the day when "the sex was safe and flying was dangerous."

jumppilot said:
Why not just tell them what you do? Don't be a douche about it. If they ask, you're an airline pilot. If they ask questions, tell them.

Stop trying to pretend this career is so cool that you need to hide what you do in fear of everyone realizing that you just might be a douche, which you probably are.

"Oh, I'm a heavy equipment operator" <--- DOUCHE
"I work in high-speed aluminum tubing" <---DOUCHE

Compared to,

"I work at the airport" <---COOL

If they ask you more questions,

"I'm an airline pilot" <---COOL

You're an airline pilot. GET OVER YOURSELF!

This thread is stupid.

I couldn't agree more. I was hanging out with some guys one time after a recurrent class and when girls would ask us what we do, they'd say stuff like "oh we're bus drivers" and the girls would just look at them like they were a bunch of losers and walk away. Almost every time a girl asks me what I do, I tell her I'm a pilot and they end up assuming that I make a lot of money and then I get laid. Its really not that hard. I have yet to have one person act like its a dork job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back