Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stories of pilots trying to impress women!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PAPA FOX!

Super Bowl bound 2008!!
Any of you care to post the funniest and dorkiest moments that you've witnessed first hand of pilots (especially low timers) trying to impress women by telling them they are a pilot or that they fly a jet. I'd love to hear them so if you care to post them here please do!!!!

In the hotel bar after a long day of flying, I witnessed these two pilots serenade a woman with "You've Lost That Loving Feeling."

Later on I saw them outside playing volleyball without their shirts on.

Wait a minute, maybe this was in a movie?:erm:

Last edited:
How about a story of falling flat on your face, while doing your job in front of a few of them?

I was a cocky 20 year old banner pilot. It was two weeks into the season, and we were getting ready to head out for the day. One of our mechanics brought his brother and niece's out to our private field to see what he did (he was recently retired and working out here for fun)

We all walk out to our beater cubs, and start them up. They all fire on the first or second pull. Well, except for mine. I was out there hand propping for a good 10 minutes. We taxi out one at a time, takeoff, swing around and pickup one after each other. In my haste, I failed to notice the hand crank I used to raise and lower the boom assembly came loose, and my hook was dragging behind me on my way out. It's a good morning; everybody is catching on their first swing.

I pull away from where I did my runup, (after blowing dust all over the place like a fool) and do a clearing turn to check for traffic. I do it quickly, as I'm running late. Unfortunatly, I did it too quickly, and not only did I manage to unlock my tailwheel in the process, I didn't NOTICE this unitl I spun around two or three times...

I finally manage to get the plane straightened out and airborn. Remember when I said we were all catching them on the first swing? Yeah, I picked the perfect time to get a case of the shanks. Took me 3 swings to grab it.

Needless to say, I really looked like I knew what I was doing out there. Chagrined, thankfully they all had left before I had to refuel. Not to worry though, a month later, we were all over at our mechanic's house for a combined birthday party. His brother and family was there, along with the nieces. We were all talking and socializing, when one of them remembered- "OH! You're the one that couldn't start his airplane! And then couldn't grab the banner either!"

Yeah, that was me...
Good thing I wasn't hitting on any of them at the time.

Still, some the most fun 4 summers of my life.

-fixed cut and paste mistake-

Stifler's Mom said:
In the hotel bar after a long day of flying, I witnessed these two pilots serenade a woman with "You've Lost That Loving Feeling."

Later on I saw them outside playing volleyball without their shirts on.

Wait a minute, maybe this was in a movie?:erm:

This used to really happen at Riddle in the late 80's and early 90's

I was considering Riddle.

That was until I saw some ASU girls.

Does that count?

People really thing saying "I'm a pilot" gets women?

I do everything in my power *not* to tell the women.

-mini

Latest resources

Back