• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, despite his "aw, shucks" public persona, I have come to the inescapable conclusion that Uncle Warren not only tolerates shenanigans that benefit the bottom line, but he implicitly or explicitly encourages them. Although he is a HUGE social leftist and Obama supporter, he LOATHES unions.

20th Century Robber Baron with a smile.

The only ways for us to actually know 100% for sure that the company is selling off is to have access to the computers or to forbid selloffs at all. The only way for that to happen is to get it into the CBA. I wouldn't trust the computer data.

That leaves option #2.

The company gets the union it deserves. If they don't want to be 100% forthcoming in regards to selloffs, then they lose the ability to do so.

NJASAP should have spent more time and resources figuring out a way to track this stuff better... They've had 4 years to figure out a way.

As far as I can tell they rely on:

1) Pilots on the road "noticing" a sell-off

2) the company "not lying" about it...As if people actually believe the company can't figure a way to make the numbers work in their favor...

Instead NJASAP spends more time and resources on bylaw referendums, votes, polls, internal bitching, government affairs etc etc etc..

+1

I stood by NJASAP until recently. They are a complete waste of space. I'm embarrassed to have backed them for so long.

+1

I stood by NJASAP until recently. They are a complete waste of space. I'm embarrassed to have backed them for so long.
Sooo... Then what???

You no longer support the union? What does that mean? Does that mean you'd scab? Extend? Fly broken planes?

Be careful how you word things.

i'm one of the 495, NJA has its pro's and con's, the dues refund was unprecedented, (and welcome), the lack of mention in dispatches have some of the post '05 brothers,and sisters not feeling the love, and feeling all forgotten like, I have been blessed to soft land into the right seat of Big Mama worldwide, some of my brothers are still knocking on doors,flying desks,or worse,for their sakes may the recalls begin sooner ,not later,management, is never your friend, uncle warren is management,may NJASAP hold their feet to the fire, may it get uncomfortably warm for them, and if 11 selloffs have occurred may those top 10-12 get called back post haste, God bless,peace out.

Sooo... Then what???

You no longer support the union? What does that mean? Does that mean you'd scab? Extend? Fly broken planes?

And you should be even more careful making assumptions.

Sooo... Then what???

The Union has not supported us since we got our dues refund and were cut loose from NJA. That dues refund now seems like a divorce settlement from an ex-spouse who's only gotten uglier and crazier as the years go by.

I have no love for a "union" who regularly sends out propaganda espousing "Unity & Solidarity" and can't even mention it's 495 furloughed members in the year end letter. The same union who's E-board is almost all on the 18 day schedule. The same union who can't equate working extended days with prolonging the furloughed pilots recall. The same union who cut off message board access to it's furloughed pilots and lied about the reason.

Fisch- I also hold the company in similar contempt. They have gotten around the selloff provisions of the CBA by unethical tactics like having owners contact EJM directly to book a charter instead of having NJA get them a selloff flight under their contract hours. The union has left a hole in the CBA scope clause big enough to fly a Global through and nobody seems to be able or willing to stop it.

And you should be even more careful making assumptions.
Which assumptions did I make exactly? You are the only one making assumptions here.

If you weren't making assumptions, you wouldn't have felt the need to make your post. Not that you're taken seriously on the boards anyway.

Latest resources

Back