• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stealth Age 67 to 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When these gummers started with the majors 25+ years ago, they knew that their career was up at age 60. Should of could of would of...... whatever! The point is this: Lay in the bed you've made! Poor financial planning and/or losing self control (ie. not keeping your johnson in the pants on layovers, multiple failed marriages, forsaken children all over the map, etc.) is their problem, not ours. If it's not poor planning and execution, then it's greed-simple as that! Get a life 'cause life is short or do I have to explain that one too?

Go home, boy! Your momma needs to change your diaper.

Go home, boy! Your momma needs to change your diaper.

Yeah, thanks gramps for your concern but I was potty trained a few decades ago. What's a matter... your depends is over flowing and forgot to make a Walmart run today?

Last edited:
Age 67: The hot rumor going around is that the retirement age for pilots is going to be changed to 67 shortly. I have been told that this is more rumor than fact. The issue was being lobbied by the regional carriers who are in a panic over the drain of pilots to the majors and their inability to backfill their operation especially with the higher flying time required for new pilot hiring. There was a brief spurt of activity in DCA, then it closed up like a clam. So as far as I can find out, there is nothing happening at this time that would lead to a change in the retirement age.

The regional carriers based their business plans on an endless supply of inexpensive labor and now they they think that the continuation of that supply is somehow an entitlement that the government should protect for them. They know that they only way they can keep enough pilots working for them at low wages is to be able to trap them there by maintaining a surplus of pilots and assuring slow career progression. I can't wait for the day when, hopefully, the laws of supply and demand start to swing and be in out favor for once.

Yeah, thanks gramps for your concern but I was potty trained a few decades ago. What's a matter... your depends is over flowing and forgot to make a Walmart run today?

Not even close, Boy! Grow up, deal with it and quit your bitching.

When these gummers started with the majors 25+ years ago, they knew that their career was up at age 60. Should of could of would of...... whatever! The point is this: Lay in the bed you've made! Poor financial planning and/or losing self control (ie. not keeping your johnson in the pants on layovers, multiple failed marriages, forsaken children all over the map, etc.) is their problem, not ours. If it's not poor planning and execution, then it's greed-simple as that! Get a life 'cause life is short or do I have to explain that one too?

If you keep your eyes open you'll someday realize life throws a lot of unexpected curve balls. If your smart you figure out how to deal with it and actually grow from it. But this industry is loaded with pilots that were promised a retirement they had earned and had it taken away. Future generations of pilots no longer have the sweet retirement most expected and now need to be smart enough to max out their 401k's. The older pilots don't have that luxury. It's not their fault.

Latest resources

Back