• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't work for CAL and I am bitter about the fact that guys who mop up poor have higher priority than the pilots.
Are you also upset FAs hired before you have higher priority than you?

How much revenue does a "Blue Juicer" generate for the airline vs. the pilots? :rolleyes:.........

Next...
How much revenue wpould an airline generate if no one serviced the lavs? The point is it takes a team working together, everyone is important.

At CAL the blue water LAV pumpers who work for catering do ride senior to the B777 captains.

Are you saying that DOH is not the deciding factor? I.E a lav cleaner hired in 1998 would go ahead of a pilot hired in 1986? Or are you saying that you think a "pilot" should go ahead of all other company employee regardless of hire date?

Ty's back!

I think people commuting to work should have priority over other non-revs, and over revenue standbys, as well, at least those who missed their originator, or are standing by for an earlier flight.

If the commuter doesn't get on, it costs the company a reserve pilot or even a canceled flight.

And for the "You knew what you were getting into when you decided to commute" . . . . I'll go ahead and say it, "F.U. and your low self-esteem".:uzi:

Are you also upset FAs hired before you have higher priority than you?

Yes, there should be a hierarchy. It is earned from years of training and level of responsibility. A pilot should always have priority to the other work groups.

No hierarchy at CAL.

CAL gives 2010 catering hires travel priority over 1975 pilot hires as an example.

And CAL ALPA is fine with the way things are set up.

But back to the original idea, is the Spirit TA better than the current CAL contract? I already know the answer but just want to know how bad CAL really is these days.

Last edited:
That's a hierarchy. What system is used to decide the priority of non-revs on CAL? Is it separated by work group?

A Chelsea Catering "supervisor" in charge of 4 catering trucks is considered management and will pass ride ahead of a 30 year 777 Captain in charge of a $100 million plus airplane and 300 lives, who is just a regular employee. Dignity and Respect, CAL style!

Yes, there should be a hierarchy. It is earned from years of training and level of responsibility. A pilot should always have priority to the other work groups.

It's attitudes like this that drag our profession down. We should be paid according to the job we do, the instant we start trying to put us in a class above other people beyond the deserved higher pay we get, is the instant people start thinking pilots are over paid self important prima donnas.

Last edited:
- " I don't work for CAL and I am bitter about the fact that guys who mop up poo(p) have higher priority than the pilots."

- " And you are better than them why?"

I would venture to say that he is "better than them" because he is someone who aspired to more in Life than sucking feces out of a huge flying porta-potty. (?)

Much like the individual who works at the 7-11 is "better" than the crack-head/wino who is pan handling in the parking lot.

Sorry to burst peoples bubbles, but life DOES have it's hierarchies...

Now, that said, pilots just by the virtue of being pilots are NOT better than anyone. But, within an airline, management sets hierarchies of pass privileges usually setting themselves above pilots and secretarys and then utilizing some form of seniority.

Management has deemed that they are "better" than pilots etc.

Whatever.

Management likes to play little games like this to pit groups against each other.

Is it wrong for pilots to ask for their rightful place in some sort of ( right or wrong ) "pecking order" ?

I don't think so.

- "A pilot should always have priority to the other work groups."

Not necessarily. I believe that seniority/length of service should be used as a measure.

20 year Captain? Welcome aboard.

30 year Ramper? Sorry Captain...

YKMKR

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back