• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently the company thinks its a done deal, signed, sealed, and delivered with their, "We're starting back flying on Friday."
Now what would be pretty cool is if the MEC said, "Wait a second. Not that you've said "deal", we've thought about it some more and decided that we want an additional 10%, just because. Back to the picket line, boys and girls. After all, that was a little too easy."

Except then the NMB would conclude you had engaged in bad faith bargaining which would not be a good thing

deets?

As horrible as a group of evil people spirit mgmt is, hopefully you guys can stand working for them again....and that the TA was good for this industry.

Apparently the company thinks its a done deal, signed, sealed, and delivered with their, "We're starting back flying on Friday."
Now what would be pretty cool is if the MEC said, "Wait a second. Not that you've said "deal", we've thought about it some more and decided that we want an additional 10%, just because. Back to the picket line, boys and girls. After all, that was a little too easy."
Yeah that would be a low class move but I get what you're saying. Punishment for pushing it to this point in the first place.

It's nice to see you guys and gals stand up for what you believe in. It's a great feeling to everyone in the industry. Congrats to all of you. I'll buy a beer or three next time I see anyone of you.

Stay on strike until it's ratified, you have the momentum and there's danger in rushing and writing ambiguous language. I actually think that should be ALPA National policy. Tell carriers at the beginning of a 30-day cooling off period that in the event of a strike the pilots will remain on strike until a TA is reached, a BTW agreement is negotiated, ALL final language is complete and the whole agreement ( not just a "bullet point" summary) is RATIFIED by the membership. That would make the companies think twice before taking a strike.

The danger here is that the management will start to backpedal as soon as they get what they want, i.e. the planes flying again. I would tell the public that a secondary strike can not be ruled out until the deal is ratified.

Anyway, great job and I hope the deal is a good one......well done.

Lock both sides in a room until until all the concerns are resolved. Don't go near an airplane until the deal is signed!

Is there retro active pay included?

Thank you for standing up for all of us. Job well done. Everyone else in negotiations- TAKE NOTE AND RAISE THE BAR!

Latest resources

Back