• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice work Spirt, wear your ALPA battlestar pins with pride. You have won an important battle for all of us. Thank you

I am holding back any congrats until I see the TA, I am a little worried that we caved, I hope I don't have to vote "NO"

That would be up to the mediator appointed to the talks.

There is no point in guess or stating the rumors of what it entails, so lets see what our NKS guys and gals do.

If it is not ratified I am sure that they will still fly but have a very tight timetable to finish a deal.

That would be up to the mediator appointed to the talks.

There is no point in guess or stating the rumors of what it entails, so lets see what our NKS guys and gals do.

If it is not ratified I am sure that they will still fly but have a very tight timetable to finish a deal.

I could be wrong but I don't think that's correct. The 30-day cooling off period is still expired (mediation is over) and there is no new, signed agreement in place, just a TA. The parties can choose to use or not use the services of a mediator at this point, again, the official mediation process under the Railway Labor Act ended at midnight on the 30th day of the cooling off period. It will really depend on what the back to work agreement (essentially a temporary cease-fire until a deal gets signed) says.

I would hope that the BTW agreement essentially states that the pilots will work under the terms of the previous contract until a ratification vote takes place while preserving the right to go back on strike if there is a NO vote or if the company takes any retaliatory action against ANY pilot. The NMB doesn't really have any authority after the expiration of a cooling off period until a new agreement is signed; only a PEB (Presidential Emergency Board) can stop a lawful strike. I'm pretty sure the Spirit pilots could still go back out if the deal doesn't ratify. Right now the BTW agreement is the ONLY agreement in place between the pilots and the company.

I agree, that would be underhanded, conversely I wouldn't return to flying unless I had at least seen the improvements agreed upon by my MEC, the improvements that make this a better deal than what the company had originally proposed.

However, I am more than hopeful, that the Spirit MEC saw enough in the new deal, that they truly believe the new offer will ratify.

Finally and most importantly, I give my outmost respect to all the Spirit pilots who stood tall and showed that with unity and will, amazing things can be accomplished. Thanks y'all!

Latest resources

Back