• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congratulations to the Spirit pilots and their MEC. Thank you for standing up! May you get everything you hoped for.

It's nice to see what the system that has been neglected to us for so long, can actually do when we're allowed to use it. Kudos go to the pilots first and foremost. But lets not forget what actually made this possible. The new NMB did what it was supposed to be doing years ago. I hope that many of us understand what and how this happened.

Apparently the company thinks its a done deal, signed, sealed, and delivered with their, "We're starting back flying on Friday."
Now what would be pretty cool is if the MEC said, "Wait a second. Not that you've said "deal", we've thought about it some more and decided that we want an additional 10%, just because. Back to the picket line, boys and girls. After all, that was a little too easy."

Apparently the company thinks its a done deal, signed, sealed, and delivered with their, "We're starting back flying on Friday."
Now what would be pretty cool is if the MEC said, "Wait a second. Not that you've said "deal", we've thought about it some more and decided that we want an additional 10%, just because. Back to the picket line, boys and girls. After all, that was a little too easy."

Not sure I agree with that. You should strike up until your demands are met. Once that has been reached, it is underhanded to increase your demands. That's just my opinion. It just feels immoral.

From the ALPA.org site:

Spirit Pilots Achieve Tentative Agreement; Still Work To Be Done
June 16, 2010 - ALPA and Spirit management began mediation at 1 p.m. on June 15. With the help and suggestions of the National Mediation Board, the Spirit MEC and Negotiating Committee made substantial progress toward a resolution of all issues and approved a tentative agreement this afternoon regarding contract disputes.

The TA satisfies the MEC goals for the contract, but is subject to completion of full contract language before it will be presented to the membership for ratification.

Even with the completion of contract issues, additional details still need to be worked out for a satisfactory return to work agreement before the MEC is ready to call down strike activities.

Until all issues are completed, Spirit pilots remain on strike. The MEC hopes to issue further information later this evening.

Stay tuned.

"I think we've taken a fairly substantial step forward to right that and bring those folks closer to where they need to be with their peers,"

the keyword that scares me.... "closer"

Latest resources

Back