• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
short term thinking. It's not much better anywhere else. I'm sorry to break it to you but you are going to have to adjust your expenses for a year.

Plus, with the growth in airframes, you could be on Captain's pay in 3-4 years. That's much faster than almost anywhere else. Just something to consider....

Would you like my credit card number too?

What does that have to do with anything? Simple question. Did you apply?

I flew on a jumpseat of a XJT plane out of ORD, and the CA was an early 2004 DOH (one of those who I'm sure upgraded in 1.5 years) and he said he had "no plans" to go to the likes of Jetblue, Spirit, Virgin, or Allegiant. Was that you?

I flew on a jumpseat of a XJT plane out of ORD, and the CA was an early 2004 DOH (one of those who I'm sure upgraded in 1.5 years) and he said he had "no plans" to go to the likes of Jetblue, Spirit, Virgin, or Allegiant. Was that you?

dude just give it up. People don't think like us. Just like you meet certain tools in the flight deck that have that super capt syndrome. You can't change them.

Was that me? Absolutely not. I don't recall saying that to anyone. I have friends at all of those airlines you mentioned and, of that group, Spirit would be high on my list at the moment. Since you seem fixated on a public forum and absolutely need to know, I have applied to UAL (like winning the lotto) and will also apply to AA & Delta as they open up if I don't get called by UAL. That said, with the limited time to upgrade (only 3-4 years to the left seat), great fleet growth, expanding bases and better than average LCC pay/benefits, Spirit would be a very good choice for anyone these days. I have a few friends at Spirit and they are happy there.

Bottom line, that XJT pilot probably aspires to flying widebodies to Europe/Asia during his career and will wait for a legacy to provide that opportunity and that is clearly his right to wait. Delta alone will have thousands of openings over the next decade with retirements. All of the majors will have significant openings over the next 3-10 years.

Since you are at VA, will you also be applying to the legacies as they open up or will you stay put? Please do tell...

Last edited:
All this above reminds me this Republic or Shuttle CA jumpseating on us a while ago. He had a seat in the back but after introduction he had some questions about Spirit's hiring process. I thought he was interested and I was happy to help, especially since I used to be at RP. But then he say: "Well I am waiting for something real good to come my way"... or something like that. I felt like and idiot. Ever since that: "You got a seat in the back? Great! Welcome on board. See you later!".

All this above reminds me this Republic or Shuttle CA jumpseating on us a while ago. He had a seat in the back but after introduction he had some questions about Spirit's hiring process. I thought he was interested and I was happy to help, especially since I used to be at RP. But then he say: "Well I am waiting for something real good to come my way"... or something like that. I felt like and idiot. Ever since that: "You got a seat in the back? Great! Welcome on board. See you later!".

Ill do anything to get at least a interview. We have a clown in Detroit who had two interviews that's right 2. He got hired the first time and turn down the gig because of some lame excuse and the second time spirit told him thanks but no thanks. Then starts to tell people he wants to go to a airline that serves real food.

Ill do anything to get at least a interview. We have a clown in Detroit who had two interviews that's right 2. He got hired the first time and turn down the gig because of some lame excuse and the second time spirit told him thanks but no thanks. Then starts to tell people he wants to go to a airline that serves real food.

What, is that guy too good for canned wine? Sounds like an elitest... :laugh:

Latest resources

Back