• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was that me? Absolutely not. I don't recall saying that to anyone. I have friends at all of those airlines you mentioned and, of that group, Spirit would be high on my list at the moment. Since you seem fixated on a public forum and absolutely need to know, I have applied to UAL (like winning the lotto) and will also apply to AA & Delta as they open up if I don't get called by UAL. That said, with the limited time to upgrade (only 3-4 years to the left seat), great fleet growth, expanding bases and better than average LCC pay/benefits, Spirit would be a very good choice for anyone these days. I have a few friends at Spirit and they are happy there.

Bottom line, that XJT pilot probably aspires to flying widebodies to Europe/Asia during his career and will wait for a legacy to provide that opportunity and that is clearly his right to wait. Delta alone will have thousands of openings over the next decade with retirements. All of the majors will have significant openings over the next 3-10 years.

Since you are at VA, will you also be applying to the legacies as they open up or will you stay put? Please do tell...

So your answer is no, per your admittance of applications out at United and soon Delta/American. You are above the LCC level of Spirit/VX/Jetblue.

And yeah you're right about that pilot. I asked him if he was married, and surprise he was single, no kids no girlfriend. I remember when I was like that, I wanted to fly jumbo jets all across the world. Then I grew up, got married, had a kid and realized nothing in life is worth being away from my kid for anything longer than 4 days. I want to see him grow up. Now I don't care for 14 day trips flying a widebody to Europe/Asia. So to answer your question, I've already had an app at Delta and US Airways from before VX. Right now I get tons of time off and get to see my kid everyday by doing 1 and 2 day trips. For my family at the moment, VX provides what I'm looking for. If that stops happening for some reason, I'll apply elsewhere.

Please tell me everyone asking these questions aren't basing a 30 year career on how quick you can hold a base or a line. Go to the place that you feel will be a good fit for your career. If that's Spirit, then apply and go.

I guess you could not ask these questions, and then find you spend your life commuting to work five states away. You're also making the ASSumption everyone applying plans on doing it for the next thirty years. Please go back to your hole...

I guess you could not ask these questions, and then find you spend your life commuting to work five states away. You're also making the ASSumption everyone applying plans on doing it for the next thirty years. Please go back to your hole...

Dont mind him. He came from a prestige regional. Only astronauts go there (mesaba).

Latest resources

Back