Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
How much can you expect to earn your first year at Spirit? I know what the hourly rate is, but what are your chances to make more than just the min guarantee?

How much can you expect to earn your first year at Spirit? I know what the hourly rate is, but what are your chances to make more than just the min guarantee?

Check this out if you haven't already:

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/spirit.html

Not surprisingly, I hear first year pay sucks but it does get better after the first year... Spirit is also adding new airplanes and new crew bases. Someone on these boards also said upgrade time is in the 4-5 year range - not bad!

First year isn't that great...but it isn't that bad. you can bust your A$$ and if you live in base, you can make a pretty decent living. This is all depending on your spending habits :).

4-5 years is more like 3-4 years for Upgrade...Lots of aircraft coming and the list is growing like crazy. Im looking at 2.5 years for captain right now. Maybe, a little sooner, this is all depending on who bypasses. Lots of guys want to upgrade in base. Don't blame them.

Hope this helps. sorry for the typo's..my phone sucks.

First year isn't that great...but it isn't that bad. you can bust your A$$ and if you live in base, you can make a pretty decent living. This is all depending on your spending habits :).

4-5 years is more like 3-4 years for Upgrade...Lots of aircraft coming and the list is growing like crazy. Im looking at 2.5 years for captain right now. Maybe, a little sooner, this is all depending on who bypasses. Lots of guys want to upgrade in base. Don't blame them.

Hope this helps. sorry for the typo's..my phone sucks.

What's your hire date? How are you basing the upgrade? Crew per plane?

Expect around 37K if you just do a normal line. If you live in base and like to work hard, up to 50K. Add about an extra $4000 for per diem. Second year you will do 70k-90k.

Expect around 37K if you just do a normal line. If you live in base and like to work hard, up to 50K. Add about an extra $4000 for per diem. Second year you will do 70k-90k.

That above is pretty accurate. I would say you can do quite a bit more with the pay bump for the 2nd year though. First year won't have a bump. But for 2nd year even with the current rates I have seen guys over $100k. Like $105k. I did it at that rate too. But only after some serious ass busting. Don't live in base? Forget it. May be 70-80k for 2nd year after this pay bump. Also, first year double sucks because of the crappy training pay. I think $1500 a month until end of OE. Ouch...

Looks like first month online is going to be profitable for me. Projected credit is at 125 hours. On a 4 day junior man trip now that's paying 45 hours. I do live in base.

Latest resources

Back