• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They sure don't make it easy to get an interview! (At least for us poor corporate schleps who can't bid for time off and jumpseat/nonrev to a job fair)

I am pretty excited if this is all true about 2nd year pay. I live near ACY so I could take advantage :). I have been in the airlines for 7 goddamned years and have yet to break $45,000.00 for a single year. It's pathetic

If you will be able to fly with a certain person by the initials of MM, you will be the go to person for scheduling. And actually, he is not that bad to fly with either. ACY is still junior for the lower half of the FOs. So most guys are trying to get out of their trips and commute home.

Ya, I can't afford that first year pay...I'll just have to pass

Hi KSU... Just adding my opinion here, not getting personal nor judgmental with your decision. Because at the end of the day, your business is your business. I understand the frustration of that first year reality. Heck I'm taking a 55% paycut leaving my corporate left seat for a first year Spirit right seat, all after busting my @ss at SkyWest as an FO...so I feel ya

Just keep in mind this:

Aside from FedEx/UPS (which require an act of God to new hire into at this juncture), Delta is the first year winner at $66 all fleet, first year.

Followed by United at $61

And then you have American, USAirways (still separate in hiring) at $40 an hour, along with Spirit at about $40 an hour. I say "about" because it'll get a slight bump in August. Point being...none of them are great, but that's probation for you. And you'll clear 100k second year at ALL of the above. Given Spirits' growth forecast, upgrade potential, quick choice of base relatively early, get your Airbus type blah blah blah...it's a not a bad move if you can dig deep and make it work. I guess I wouldn't say NO to one airline and wait for the next for a difference of $17, (Southwest starts at $57, and their doors are closed due to AirTran integration pilot training).

Best of luck to you to you in your search...truly mean that.
(Go Pokes!)

Hi KSU... Just adding my opinion here, not getting personal nor judgmental with your decision. Because at the end of the day, your business is your business. I understand the frustration of that first year reality. Heck I'm taking a 55% paycut leaving my corporate left seat for a first year Spirit right seat, all after busting my @ss at SkyWest as an FO...so I feel ya

Just keep in mind this:

Aside from FedEx/UPS (which require an act of God to new hire into at this juncture), Delta is the first year winner at $66 all fleet, first year.

And then you have American, USAirways (still separate in hiring) at $40 an hour, along with Spirit at about $40 an hour. I say "about" because it'll get a slight bump in August. Point being...none of them are great, but that's probation for you. And you'll clear 100k second year at ALL of the above. Given Spirits' growth forecast, upgrade potential, quick choice of base relatively early, get your Airbus type blah blah blah...it's a not a bad move if you can dig deep and make it work. I guess I wouldn't say NO to one airline and wait for the next for a difference of $17, (Southwest starts at $57, and their doors are closed due to AirTran integration pilot training).

(Go Pokes!)

Actually, no. They sold out first year pay to $38.50/hr for duration of contract, DOS to DOS+4.

I guess I missed that bit. Appreciate the update. I stand by my point however...first year sucks everywhere respectively. I'm not letting 12 months get in the way of 30 years. (Your career timeline may vary).

Just keep in mind this:

(Go Pokes!)

I'd lose my house if I worked for $40. $60 I can survive on, but $40 is killer.

Why should you still be interested? More orders and growth....

You want to go where the growth is....

Spirit Airlines orders 20 Airbus A321s

By Bruce Drum on June 20, 2013 | Leave a Comment

http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com...96889_fMTdjX#!i=1277624591&k=SNRx44h&lb=1&s=A
Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood) has placed a firm order for 20 Airbus A321 aircraft and additionally has opted to convert 10 of its existing A320 orders to the larger A321. All of these aircraft are current engine option (ceo) models. Spirit?s A321ceos will accommodate increasing passenger numbers in the airline?s network in the U.S., Caribbean and Latin America. All of the A321ceo aircraft will be fitted with fuel-saving Sharklets and will seat 219 passengers in a single-class layout.

The announcement was made today during the Paris Air Show.

The new Spirit A321s will also be the first North America-based aircraft to feature the Space-Flex cabin option. This rear lavatory and galley combination optimizes use of the available space at the very back of the aircraft. The configuration also allows for the first lavatory in the single-aisle market to be accessible to people with reduced mobility.

With this order announced today, Spirit?s firm orders total: 7 A319s, 98 A320s (including 45 A320 new engine option aircraft) and 30 A321s. The airline currently operates a fleet of some 50 A320 Family aircraft.

Latest resources

Back