• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit + ERAU?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What else would you expect out of Franke and Ex-Con-Jon?

I'd expect nothing more from management. But the fact that some airline pilots here are defending the practice by rationalizing that it's a good deal for the ERAU-graduates really surprises me.

I'd expect nothing more from management. But the fact that some airline pilots here are defending the practice by rationalizing that it's a good deal for the ERAU-graduates really surprises me.

OK, so even it it wasn't ERAU, it if was UND, or Auburn, or Ohio State, it's still a good deal for those students at the time. This doesn't represent a shift in how airlines are hiring. In a broadstroke, it was a trial program, which worked out successfully thus far. They are all on line now. I think there is a lot of resentment on here from pilots who did not have the same opportunity. This business is all about being at the right place at the right time.

Flew with one of our checkairmen the other day. He said everybody at the training dept was very surprised with the "wizz kids" performance. Doing way better than expected and so far the program is has been working fine.
I'm not in favor of it, but I must admit that if had that opportunity back in my Riddle days, I would have humbly done my best to study, keep up and succeed.

Last edited:
I hope the Captain doesn't pass out and they don't have to take the reigns and make command decisions because they'll have nothing in their bag of tricks to rely on. I know that a lot of people will say that "back in the day in the sixties they hired people with 250hrs..." Back in the day they also had a Flight Engineer to help them out and manage systems. I think this is utter crap, not because I'm jealous either. These kids just don't have the time and experience and it's going to bite everyone in the butt someday.

"BTW - I got laid plenty there. You just have to avoid the "Neo-maxim-zoom-dweby" trap."

...DUDES DON'T COUNT!!!!! Unless of course your degree was in male flight attendant relations. :laugh:

Flew with one of our checkairmen the other day. He said everybody at the training dept was very surprised with the "wizz kids" performance. Doing way better than expected and so far the program is has been working fine.
I'm not in favor of it, but I must admit that if had that opportunity back in my Riddle days, I would have humbly done my best to study, keep up and succeed.
being able to program the airbus autopilot is NOT anywhere close to having quality experience. Imagine if the media knew about this.

Give your fragile egos a break. Its NOT brain surgery. Lets look at most/nearly all countries of the world and their new hire aviators. Lets use Luthansa (sp?). All young recent graduates from out here in the desert flying around in a Bonanza. Its not as difficult as you would like to believe to stroke your egos otherwise most of the FI people would have never got where they are. Emery Riddle is a great school with a good program.

Latest resources

Back