• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit contract unofficial results?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4 days off, is just that 4 days off after a set of days on...which is mostly 6 in a row (6 turns, 2 x turns and a 4 day, 2 x 3 days, or any variation).

Basically we are 6 on 4 off, so many lines have 12-14 days off and three blocks of 6 days on. Its pretty good for the commuters, and pretty good for the junior guys because they will usually get one full weekend off and one other weekend day off somewhere in the month.

Here is the pay scale from the TA (it says draft but it is what the YES voters voted in)

2pqop45.jpg

Interesting jump in pay scales as the contract matures. What seniority is the most junior captain?

Looks like 74 percent of Spirit pilots are a joke! How could they ever vote in a contract without retro pay?

74% of the Spirit pilots think they improved the TA as much as could be expected. Being released to cooling off is the only way airlines will improve working conditions and pay as was shown at Spirit. Maybe now other pilot groups will be given that opportunity.

and after all the "No" chatter, 74% yes, that is almost like a land slide

Looks like 74 percent of Spirit pilots are a joke! How could they ever vote in a contract without retro pay?

I love all you hairy chested guys who establish some personal litmus test which, regardless of the quality of the package in todo, must be passed before you can see your way to yes!

Such logic well always leave an open door to say no to something which on balance is an improvement worth ratifying. You have to look at the total package, weigh the costs of an extended strike with the likelihood of achieving the desired improvement. If this deal is better on balance and your leadership believes it's the best that can be done then you are wise to follow their guidance, as it appears the vast majority of Spirit pilots did.

Actual retro pay is pretty rare in contracts. If 74 percent of the pilots voted yes, then that leads me to believe it was a pretty good deal for the Spirit pilots.

Actual retro pay is pretty rare in contracts.

This statement is FAR from the truth. The last negotiation cycle has been a hard fall so I guess you are right that there was no retro or the pilots would have to pay the company(that and the fact that contracts were not amendable at the time of concessions). Looking back to upward moving contracts, they contain full retro. Think about it......if you do not get full retro you have told management NOT to negotiate with you in good faith. The longer they drag it out the more money they save. Full retro is the only option to assure a good faith negotiation into the future.

The lines that I've been seeing, least in ACY, 15, 16, 17 days off. couple lines have had more than that still at 80-83 hrs credit

Actually, there are a lot of other options to ensure good faith bargaining. You can build in deadlines into the duration section of the agreement. You can include early openers for groups of sections rather than waiting for the full Section 6 opener. You can include automatic pay bumps every year past the amendable date. The list goes on.

Clinging to the hope of full retro pay is no way to force a company to bargain in good faith, because quite frankly, companies don't have enough cash laying around to pay full retro pay. This isn't 1999 anymore, folks. If you wait around for full retro, you're the only one that's going to get screwed, not the company, because they're never going to end up paying it. Think outside of the box to find ways to force them to bargain in good faith.

The lines that I've been seeing, least in ACY, 15, 16, 17 days off. couple lines have had more than that still at 80-83 hrs credit

I'm pretty sure you should know and now the rest of the FI world know that ACY is a tiny base with mostly turns with 6:30 or more of block so 4 on 4 off is the norm in ACY with high credit.

With this new CBA your days off are gone, your turns will go away and your credit will go up.

Latest resources

Back