Spirit closing DTW pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cruxx how is VA?

I guess I'm one of the few F/As ex-DTW, now FLL considering SJU as a base. I think it would benenifit me though, seniority wise. Its either that or I go to Delta, start all over again at what $17 something an hour?? its a tough decision...it makes it even tougher on 6 year F/A pay! I'm just looking at my options and whats best for me at this point. I dont know if I can afford to go from 6 year F/A pay to a new hire at Delta. I would Love to, trust me I would...but I dont know if I can afford it!!!!!!

I've even met a few flight attendants that currently commute from SJU. Do we have lots of ex Caribbean Sun flight attendants?

How difficult is is the commute from DTW to FLL right now? For the junior folks, do you have to travel down the night before a trip? How difficult would the DTW-SJU commute be?

SAT? Here we go Y'all. Its on the Spirit website.
Are you intentionally vague?
You don't mention what you are talking about and Spririt has lots of different websites.

Correction:I thought you were talking about satelllite bases (like some type of vacancy bid). I didn't realize you were talking about destinations.

Last edited:
Are you intentionally vague?
You don't mention what you are talking about and Spririt has lots of different websites.

Correction:I thought you were talking about satelllite bases (like some type of vacancy bid). I didn't realize you were talking about destinations.

I was paroosing the internet somewhere around mid morning on this day the 15th of January. I was looking at the Spirit website. It is located at the web address of www.spiritair.com. I was looking at destinations as the other night I was asked," how many destinations does Spirit Airlines fly to", and did not know the exact answer. I looked and realized that San Antonio, Texas was a destination. I guess it must have been added rather lately as to I have not heard of it in our current route structure.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone that believes previous posts that I have made are vague. I thought spirit website as a term would mean spiritair.com. Not Flica, Intersourcing, ra.spiritair.com, crewtrac.

Just trying to share some info with fellow pilots.

P.S. I bet you are a blast to fly with.

Cruxx how is VA?

VA is great, the people are great, the planes are great and the schedule is improving. I have to figure out the PBS thing better though, like anything a learning curve is expected since I've never used it before. The little issues that come up are being taken care of. The worst part about working here so far is the commute. I haven't had many problems with it, a few weather issues that caused momentary panic. I was so spoiled being home based...but that was going to change regardless. I don't know how some people have lived thier whole career commuting, I have read a lot of books. ;)

So far so good. How is life over at YIP? I hear things are good. You just hired a buddy of mine, he will do well. Keep in touch.

Latest resources

Back