• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit ALPA Wins Arbitration on 4-days-off Language

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed.. I doubt any recalls based on added routes or increased frequencies will be a reality.

As was stated before.. Spirit needs to grow if we are to ever see a complete recall and future hiring. I would say the median age of our pilot group to be in the 40's, so retirement attrition, especially with the age 65 rule, is not even a factor.

Not trying to seed the rumor, just giving a clarification on what was heard from FLL MTC concerning return of a few of our aircraft.

I've heard the rumor morph into a/c coming from USA 3000, Virgin America, etc...

I wasn't on the MED flight last week, but a reliable friend was. He is who relayed to me the discussion of our planes coming back (JS and SM). Flew with him the day after.

Concerning the "I heard it from maintenance" version: I spoke with one of our APs in FLL last night; he gave me clarification to what info they had. Apparently, when they order parts on their PC, they use a drop-down window to select which aircraft (tail number) it's for. He told me a couple of weeks ago, 4 foriegn-registered tails showed up on the list. With a little research, they turned out to be 4 of our former aircraft over at Tiger. He said a few of them asked a supervisor and were told "yeah, they're headed to the paint shop soon...".

That's all I got, but I figured I'd give it to you as straight as I got it. Would we like something a little more solid? Of course, but we probably won't know for sure until we see one on H10.

gator

Not trying to seed the rumor, just giving a clarification on what was heard from FLL MTC concerning return of a few of our aircraft.

I've heard the rumor morph into a/c coming from USA 3000, Virgin America, etc...

I wasn't on the MED flight last week, but a reliable friend was. He is who relayed to me the discussion of our planes coming back (JS and SM). Flew with him the day after.

Concerning the "I heard it from maintenance" version: I spoke with one of our APs in FLL last night; he gave me clarification to what info they had. Apparently, when they order parts on their PC, they use a drop-down window to select which aircraft (tail number) it's for. He told me a couple of weeks ago, 4 foriegn-registered tails showed up on the list. With a little research, they turned out to be 4 of our former aircraft over at Tiger. He said a few of them asked a supervisor and were told "yeah, they're headed to the paint shop soon...".

That's all I got, but I figured I'd give it to you as straight as I got it. Would we like something a little more solid? Of course, but we probably won't know for sure until we see one on H10.

gator

This is exactly the info I log in for. It may not come true, but thanks for sharing it with those of us on the street. It keeps us going.

Those aircraft are going out to other carriers. You heard it here, first. Expect more furloughs as the airline "right-sizes" to the economy!

After 5 years on FI, congrats McNugget...you have the honor as being the first and only person on my "ignore" list.

huncowboy- cool, glad I might put a little step in someone's day. I never understood the "I have info but you can't have it" mentality...if it's credible, share it IMHO.

Maybe we'll see them soon; marketing can't fly the schedule they have planned for the summer with the existing aircraft. We were delayed yesterday due to a mechanical/no spares, and it's only early March.

gator

Awesome. Now I know how it must have felt, strutting around the terminal in your Gulfstream uniform....ignored!

This thread on pprune is talking about 4 A319s sitting on the tarmac. I am not quite clear weather the Australian Tiger has much to do with our former planes or not. Anyone? So this may have zero relevance but here it is:

http://www.pprune.org/d-g-reporting-points/360782-tiger-showing-strain.html

Well forget what you have heard about Tiger. I was pointed to the direction of this website:

http://www.airframes.org/fleet/nks

This shows the airframes that got returned. It is not accurate and it is not official.

Then this website shows where the serial numbers are and have been.

http://www.airfleets.net/recherche/index.php?file=rechregis

After plugging in the serial numbers here is what I came up with:

We have lost serial:

2424 to Windjet
2659 to TAME
2698 to Windjet
2718 to Cyprus Airways
2723 to Windjet
2784 to Mandala Airlines
2797 to Mandala Airlines

Not a single one went to Tiger. Ouch... So much about rumors.

Latest resources

Back