• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit ALPA Wins Arbitration on 4-days-off Language

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got the recall for April training for May 1st. More evidence that the arbitration was a success. Don't know how many they will call. I have bypassed before...

Really.....you remember all of my posts for the last seven years. I did'nt know I played such an important role in your life. I dont know whether to be flattered or creaped out! As I've said before, you really need to get a life.

No need to panic. I don't remember your post for seven years. I haven't been a FI member for that long. I searched, that's all, and found your posts.

My point was that you were happy to be at spirit when you got hired, and now you and a lot of others don't seem to want to be here.

I'm sorry that Spirit didn't turn out to be the 18 month upgrade you were promised. Someone with a little more experience in life might have recognized the companys BS and had more realistic expectations.

Hey Calvin, Your full of ********************!

The planes are on order. The fuel went out of control and the economy dumped.They deferred delivery. Are you a complete idiot or what?

Can we get back on topic? Does anyone know why it is taking so long to hear an official communication from the MEC regarding the arbitration? I am not trying to be pushy, but usually these types of things are disseminated within a day or two of the ruling, yet it has been over a week since we first heard this rumor, I believe. Just trying to understand the process. Also will we get word from the MEC regarding how many recalls are going out? Just wondering. BTW, I have been very pleased with this MEC and their ability to communicate often with the pilot group, they have been really good about that, thats why I found it strange that this issue was taking so long to hear about.

Aside from the "unofficial" recall phone calls that the company has put out...has anyone received an OFFICIAL recall letter?

I ran into AN earlier in the week and it was the first thing I asked. He said they've seen the draft of the ruling; once the "official" ruling is handed out then the MEC will give an official release of the information. I'm sure there is some legal mumbo-jumbo as to why they can't issue a statement now, but that's not my concern. I had a question, asked it, and got a direct answer.

As a related note, the 12 recalls are a direct result of the arbitration ruling, according to AN. The MEC only knew of the recalls so early on because they had to give the company permission to do a "quick" recall...not my words, so don't ask me.

Supposedly, here's how it'll shake out: 12 recalls, 6 upgrades. 3 FLL, 3 DTW CA slots. Not sure if that'll produce a secondary vacancy for DTW FO slots, but that could be assumed.

If you don't know AN, for pete's sake just walk up to him and introduce yourself. He'll tell you what he can so long as it's not confidential/sensitive/could-get-him-in-big-trouble-for-telling-you information.

gator

Latest resources

Back