Spirit Airlines Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MadDog74 said:
I really enjoy flying for Spirit Airlines. Yes...the company has issues, however, with the new managment in place...and hopefully other new managers on their way...things are looking better. I have never had more of an enjoyable commuting schedule.

The only (with rare exception) trips that are commutable in DTW are the redeyes. Your commuting comments are insanity.

Your right. Im done with the bashing, this thread was about Spirit Airlines, not our competition. Spirit is a great place to work, people care about customer service. people do go the extra mile etc. Come on over and see. I will tell you this, its better than night freight, unless you love those hours, if you do, we have some night owl lines just for you. Its not good if you hate to interact with people. The airplanes are new. Im sure its a better schedule than a commuter.

Its not Jetblow, but we have SPIRIT! LOL. I would be glad to answer any real questions about the job

Good Luck

[SARCASM]
DoubleOverHead said:
Your right. Im done with the bashing, this thread was about Spirit Airlines, not our competition. Spirit is a great place to work, people care about customer service. people do go the extra mile etc. Come on over and see. I will tell you this, its better than night freight, unless you love those hours, if you do, we have some night owl lines just for you. Its not good if you hate to interact with people. The airplanes are new. Im sure its a better schedule than a commuter.

Its not Jetblow, but we have SPIRIT! LOL. I would be glad to answer any real questions about the job

Good Luck
[/SARCASM]

If my intel is good, this post can only be sarcasm.

Calvin

Jeez,well, I guess I am the only pilot out of 400 that actually likes working here. Pretty sad huh?!?!? Its the easiest Job I have ever had, therefore I guess I should find a way to hate it.

If the above guys posting about closing bases have been here long enough and have 5 years or more in seniority and are captains making over 100k.
I guess flying 6 months a year and making over 100k in their sleep makes them miserable. I feel for them, I hate my job, cant pay my bills, cant commute, waa waaa waaa cry on someone elses shoulder.

Go listen to your intel, he is right in his own mind. Tell you what. Spirit is country club flying. Its the worst place ever, from the owner on down to the toilet cleaner complain. Its sucks ass, pay sucks, schedule sucks, pilots suck, FA's suck, schedulers suck, mechanics suck, caterers suck, gate agents suck, fuelers suck even the planes suck. Its the most miserable place to work.

It sucks so bad that I dont want you in my club, stay in yours.

Now thats being sarcastic.

DoubleOverHead said:
Jeez,well, I guess I am the only pilot out of 400 that actually likes working here. Pretty sad huh?!?!? Its the easiest Job I have ever had, therefore I guess I should find a way to hate it.

If the above guys posting about closing bases have been here long enough and have 5 years or more in seniority and are captains making over 100k.
I guess flying 6 months a year and making over 100k in their sleep makes them miserable. I feel for them, I hate my job, cant pay my bills, cant commute, waa waaa waaa cry on someone elses shoulder.

Go listen to your intel, he is right in his own mind. Tell you what. Spirit is country club flying. Its the worst place ever, from the owner on down to the toilet cleaner complain. Its sucks ass, pay sucks, schedule sucks, pilots suck, FA's suck, schedulers suck, mechanics suck, caterers suck, gate agents suck, fuelers suck even the planes suck. Its the most miserable place to work.

I posted about closing bases, I have been here over five years. I DO NOT make over $100K a year. If I were an OT ho, I might, but my base pay is less than $90K. I don't fly six months a year, I work sixteen to seventeen days a month and spend (not counting hours per night sleeping) approximately sixty hours every week doing the companies business. By my calculations, I work more hours than someone with an 8 - 5 office job. Do you think that such an office person only works half of the year?

If you think that any airline Captain makes money in his sleep, you need to seriously rethink you career choice, because you're going to be seriously over tasked when you get to that point. (now, you're going to tell me that you were a DC8 Captain over at Brand X, if so, you KNOW that your "sleep" comment was unfounded)

One of the reasons that people of my seniority find it hard to love the current employee relations atmosphere is that we remember how it was when the company didn't treat us like the enemy.

Spirit, in it's current state, might be the best job you ever had, but for a lot of us, the old Spirit was the best job we ever had. I don't discount your opinion, but the current climate at Spirit isn't exactly employee friendly.

I do like my job, but I'm not going to accept being treated with disdain by my bosses without calling it like I see it. When I no longer have to file a payroll discrepancy every month, I'll get happier.

enigma

DoubleOverHead said:

Oh man........you need to stop posting while you're hittin on that pipe bro!:eek:

Yup, ok, now I put the crack pipe down. Sorry enigma, I didnt add up correctly. I only looked at the 106$ per hour. And I also didnt figure 72 hours only. Since every month the avg line guarantee has been around 80 hours. There are even and have been 96 hour lines! just a couple notes. Of course everyone bids differently. I need the $ so I go for the high hour lines.

Old spirit and new spirit are one in the same to me. Did you make more money at the "old Spirit" ???? did everyone??? Since we have only been in business 15 years you must go Waaaaaaay back, ha ha ha.

My best day at brand x dosn't even come close to my worst flying day here at spirit. To me this is a part time job, flying 15 days a month for 12 months is working half the year. And hence the days off Im at home sleeping in my own bed getting guarantee??? well, getting paid in my sleep comes to mind. Of course this is subject to opinion, and this is just my opinion.
could things be better?? of course they can. Even the highest paid pilots in the industry still want more cause it can be better.

Im just a lowly F/O on the bottom of the barrel looking up. So I want to be positive. Spirit is the only job I have now, and based on the chaos in the rest of the industry, spirit looks to be my home for a long time to come. Why not try to make the best of it????

Again, I must be the only positive pilot in our whole group. Sad

FLAME AWAY!!! I love this game

Last edited:
DoubleOverHead,

No flame just a few questions. How many days of OT did you pick up during the furlough? That was the only way to make any money for most of the last few months. Were you one of the few who answered their phone and got junior assigned? If so, why did you answer? Don't give me some of that "I won't let the company run my life, I answer the phone come what may" crap. That's what they make caller ID for.

If you are truly a 'lowly FO, on the bottom looking up", you aren't getting any 96 hour lines. This month, 75% of the FLL maddog pilots are not going to get any more than guarantee, because only 25% of the lines are hard. If you happen to be DTW, and you would seem to be so, I can see where you are happier with your schedule.

More later, gotta work

regards,
enigma

well, now that this thread is officially finished as a "Spirit Airlines Hiring" to Spirit pilots worried about everything. I will officially end it. Start a new thread that encompasses all the craziness going on within our organization.

Let the games begin, im off to work too

DoubleOverHead said:
Again, I must be the only positive pilot in our whole group. Sad

FLAME AWAY!!! I love this game

well, now that this thread is officially finished as a "Spirit Airlines Hiring" to Spirit pilots worried about everything. I will officially end it. Start a new thread that encompasses all the craziness going on within our organization.

Let the games begin, im off to work too

One more time Bro.......put your hands up where we can all see them and slowly step away from the keyboard and the pipe!

p.s. - I have some numbers that you can call and get some help man.

Latest resources

Back