• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Believe it or not this thread has provided an inside look as to what Spirit is really like, just another airline IMO. Some love it and some love to hate it! I do have some more questions though.

First off, on airlline apps there is supposed to be an area to input letter of recommendation info just like CAL. I was told this by the person who is giving me a letter of rec. and she was given this info by the CP. No addendum exists and I have been checking the site daily. Anybody with info on this?

Second, is the info on airlinepilotpay.com pretty accurate with regards to pay and bennies?

Third, anybody have an idea of what the interview process will be like? Will it be the same as it was based on some of the interview gouge or are they going to change it?

Thanks ahead of time!

Cheers

Dont hate the playa, hate the game!!!

Ok, crack pipe, I mean rum and cokes are down for now.

Plug, info on airline pilot pay is pretty accurate. We are due for a 10% pay bump in January, dont know if that info was on there. That is of course if the company dosnt try to take it away.

I have no info in interview, letters of rec etc. Its been too long to know about the interview process, I do know they said it might change. But an interview is and Interveiw. They ask the usual "tell me a time when" scenarios. panel type with HR, PILOT. Pilot Only, and or HR Only, they have mixed it up a few times in the past. No sim eval, I think they took that away. And the only time I know they asked technical questions is when interviewees were typed or had previous experience on our type of A.C.

hope this helps

Living the dream 1 day at a time.

Plug said:
Believe it or not this thread has provided an inside look as to what Spirit is really like, just another airline IMO. Some love it and some love to hate it! I do have some more questions though.

First off, on airlline apps there is supposed to be an area to input letter of recommendation info just like CAL. I was told this by the person who is giving me a letter of rec. and she was given this info by the CP. No addendum exists and I have been checking the site daily. Anybody with info on this?

Second, is the info on airlinepilotpay.com pretty accurate with regards to pay and bennies?

Third, anybody have an idea of what the interview process will be like? Will it be the same as it was based on some of the interview gouge or are they going to change it?

Thanks ahead of time!

Cheers

Unfortunately, I can't really answer the LOR and interview questions. For now, I would have your friend walk in your resume/LOR in person. In the recent past, the process consisted of a fairly difficult exam and three 15-20 min sessions of 2-on-1 interviews. The interview participants were management pilots and a couple of HR peeps asking fairly standard questions. The exam was made easier sometime before they suspended hiring last year because too many folks were doing poorly on it; and yes, the Sim Eval seems to have gone bye-bye for good. All this could be different with the next wave of hiring!

Airlinepilotpay.com's Spirit page is accurate.

You never answered my question about why ASA reserve was so much better than Spirit's.

MX

Last edited:
so bottom line is there a new hire class in November, and are they interviewing?

MX Rider said:
You never answered my question about why ASA reserve was so much better than Spirit's.

MX

My bad about not answering your question about reserve here in "candler land". What I think is better is that ALL reserve periods end at midnight or earlier and the earliest starts at 5am. The longest periods are 15 hours in duration. My favorite is the noon to midnight shift. Some folks like "nap reserve" which starts at 5pm or 6pm and ends at midnight. All reserve periods have a 2 hour callout but it is not seniority based. We also do not have a commuter policy. From what I gather Spirit's call out is 1 hour to check in and then another hour for departure. There seems to be some things better in ASA's reserve.

Cheers

Reserve

Plug said:
My bad about not answering your question about reserve here in "candler land". What I think is better is that ALL reserve periods end at midnight or earlier and the earliest starts at 5am. The longest periods are 15 hours in duration. My favorite is the noon to midnight shift. Some folks like "nap reserve" which starts at 5pm or 6pm and ends at midnight. All reserve periods have a 2 hour callout but it is not seniority based. We also do not have a commuter policy. From what I gather Spirit's call out is 1 hour to check in and then another hour for departure. There seems to be some things better in ASA's reserve.

Cheers

We have two periods that go past midnight and the company has only been using one of them all year (at least in FLL) and it is 14 hours long and ends at 0300. Many guys like this period because you really do not fly at all. This period used to be shorter but the MEC signed an agreement to alter it and I do not know what we got for this in return. The other two periods are during the normal hours and are also 14 hours in duration. Our call out time is 1.5 hours (not 1.0) to show and 2.0 hours to go if you get an ASAP. Usually, they call you hours in advance or you can just periodically check the computer and sometimes see your assignment as much as a day or more in advance. If you do get a trip assignment on the computer and it is for the next day, you can push the notification received button and now you are no longer required to answer your phone because you are resting for the trip. If available, you can pick-up extra reserve days on your days off and make 1.5 X's normal pay. All call-outs are based on amount of flight time month-to-date (low time guy is first to get a call). Any trip assigned to you must have you scheduled to be in rest before your reserve period ends. We DO HAVE a commuter policy but that does not really have anything to do with reserve rules? The reserve grid on Sabre is handy to use as a crystal ball to predict the call.

See Ya,
MX

Hi!

So far, my longest continuous reserve period has been 240 hours!!!

I made a bunch of perdiem!

Cliff
YIP

According to the latest base-bid seniority list at Spirit, 4 guys decided not to return from the 16 called back furloughees. Everyone is back that is coming back! Hopefully hiring will begin very soon and we can get this list moving again....................:cool:

Later,

MX

MX Rider said:
We have two periods that go past midnight and the company has only been using one of them all year (at least in FLL) and it is 14 hours long and ends at 0300. Many guys like this period because you really do not fly at all. This period used to be shorter but the MEC signed an agreement to alter it and I do not know what we got for this in return. The other two periods are during the normal hours and are also 14 hours in duration. Our call out time is 1.5 hours (not 1.0) to show and 2.0 hours to go if you get an ASAP. Usually, they call you hours in advance or you can just periodically check the computer and sometimes see your assignment as much as a day or more in advance. If you do get a trip assignment on the computer and it is for the next day, you can push the notification received button and now you are no longer required to answer your phone because you are resting for the trip. If available, you can pick-up extra reserve days on your days off and make 1.5 X's normal pay. All call-outs are based on amount of flight time month-to-date (low time guy is first to get a call). Any trip assigned to you must have you scheduled to be in rest before your reserve period ends. We DO HAVE a commuter policy but that does not really have anything to do with reserve rules? The reserve grid on Sabre is handy to use as a crystal ball to predict the call.

See Ya,
MX

MX,

Thanks for the info. We just got the Sabre CrewTrac here and it is a huge help. It sounds like you guys have some tighter rules for reserves and some sort of a system unlike ASA so I retract my statement. Hope to hear something soon.

Cheers

Plug said:
MX,

Thanks for the info. We just got the Sabre CrewTrac here and it is a huge help. It sounds like you guys have some tighter rules for reserves and some sort of a system unlike ASA so I retract my statement. Hope to hear something soon.

Cheers

I don't mean to respond for MX, but I'd like to comment on one thing. Yes, we have decent rules, however we struggle with getting the company to properly apply said rules. Our union leaders fight hard, but in todays environment, unions don't have much power to do much more than file grievences. Or issue press releases. If this company ever gets a CEO who forces the company to follow the plain language of our contract (as he promises to do), we will be back to having a birdnest on the ground. As I've said before, and contrary to doubleoverheads belief, most all of us really like working at Spirit. We are more frustrated with what could be, than we are mad about what is.

enigma

Latest resources

Back