• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im just a grumpy old man, LOLLets get this hiring going already. When are we supposed to start interviewing?

enigma said:
I don't mean to respond for MX, but I'd like to comment on one thing. Yes, we have decent rules, however we struggle with getting the company to properly apply said rules. Our union leaders fight hard, but in todays environment, unions don't have much power to do much more than file grievences. Or issue press releases. If this company ever gets a CEO who forces the company to follow the plain language of our contract (as he promises to do), we will be back to having a birdnest on the ground. As I've said before, and contrary to doubleoverheads belief, most all of us really like working at Spirit. We are more frustrated with what could be, than we are mad about what is.

enigma

Sounds like ASA in a nutshell. We have violations left and right, we even have our former VP of Flight Ops on record saying it easier to violate the contract and deal with it in the grievence process then comply with it. Even though he is the former VP the law firm that represents his beliefs is still place and running the show. I hear you loud and clear!!!

Cheers

The Spirit COO spoke to a recurrent class yesterday and confirmed that Spirit plans to hire around 40 pilots next year.

Here are a few other quick points from Ben Baldanza's talk.

The MD80 fleet will be down to 5 by the end of 2006.

The total fleet at 2006's end will be 37.

Some new hires may well go straight to the airbus, as did a few of the last group last year.

The upcoming pay raise is not going to be contested by the company.
I.E., they intend to pay. No Christmas furlough notices.

The company business plan is to focus on the Caribbean and South/Central America. FLL will grow, we intend to just about triple our "FLL to the islands" destinations next year.

Time will tell. But, here's hoping that his plan will succeed.

enigma

Latest resources

Back