• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reserve is reserve is reserve. If you get in early on this hiring boom, you probably wont be on reserve long. dont listen to the above posts about all lines being relief lines. Thats for the md80, I think it was done by the company to force guys into bidding the bus. the bus lines have your standard 20% reserve/ relief lines, rest all hard lines. For now the bus is growing more in DTW than FLL. That will give you a hint on where you will probably first be based until all the 80's are gone and the system is balanced again. DTW has always been a bigger crew base but not by much.

I would venture out and say all new hires will go straight to the bus. They just hired 4 more cpt instructors and 2 check airman. A new bid is supposed to follow for more instructors.

Hope this helps

as of 9-6-05 all FOs have to have type rating, but it is a SIC only type

I know some of our pilots have had interviews with jetblow, continental too.

As of date 1 pilot left for jetblow 2 years ago, and 1 left to continental 5 months ago. I hear some more are having trouble deciding about continental or staying with us. We will see.

DoubleOverHead said:
I know some of our pilots have had interviews with jetblow, continental too.

As of date 1 pilot left for jetblow 2 years ago, and 1 left to continental 5 months ago. I hear some more are having trouble deciding about continental or staying with us. We will see.

seven of the sixteen furloughees are reported to have turned down the recall. I know of at least one of them that went to continental.
That makes at least two gone to CAL in the last five months. One Captain, one FO.

enigma

Does having an Airbus type and 1 LOR and 3,000 TPIC make one a realistic candidate even though one does not live near DTW or FLL?

I think so. It would be even better if you can get a LOR from someone who works here.

DoubleOverHead said:
I know some of our pilots have had interviews with jetblue, continental too.

As of date 1 pilot left for jetblue 2 years ago, and 1 left to continental 5 months ago. I hear some more are having trouble deciding about continental or staying with us. We will see.

Actually, you had AT LEAST three go, in the last year and a half, to Jetblue. Sorry you weren't so fortunate.

Latest resources

Back