Spirit Airlines Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
onthestreet said:
We'll see. I like the lawman but if my memory serves me correctly, I seem to remember the lawman turning tail and running when the fight got tough last time. Maybe this time is different but still there are many marys running around over there. (You know who you are). Enigma excluded. BLUE skies.

You're correct about the marys running around, but they number less than fifty percent. If you don't like marys, show up at the next LEC meeting.

enigma

I did hear we are getting more Airbus's faster and earlier than planned. Which can be good and bad. Great from the outside looking in, but we cant train that fast. 6-8 before years end and 10 in the first 10 weeks of next year. I forecast a training lag. 120-150 new hires starting asap, but asap is no hurry here.

Second, If you know someone here, I think the good old boy network works well. hand walked in resumes with references seem to get best results. I personally have reccomended 6 pilots in my tenure here, all were interviewed and 4 hired, 1 changed his mind and one didnt get it. So take it for what its worth.

Any way you look at it, its just a JOB, come to work, fly brand new planes, hang out with cool people, pilots F'a's alike, go home and live your life. As probably any aviation job, we have enough time off to live our lives at home and leave work at work. Yes the pay can be better, but even the guys at fed ex are complaining.

elag777 said:
"onthestreet"
What a complete and utter "TOOL" you are, your user name is fitting...

He's not a tool, probably just someone with a long memory. If you think about it, "onthestreet" has most likely felt the sting of sitting "on the street" while the marys sucked up OT during a furlough.

onthestreet, if you're who I suspect you are, congrats on moving on up:cool:

enigma

enigma said:
He's not a tool, probably just someone with a long memory. If you think about it, "onthestreet" has most likely felt the sting of sitting "on the street" while the marys sucked up OT during a furlough.

onthestreet, if you're who I suspect you are, congrats on moving on up:cool:

enigma
Well the new MEC and the "Lawman" should do something about the OT situation. Nothing has changed the good 'ol Dr's "the sky is falling" routine. Lay off the last class and then spend double the amount thought to be saved on OT! The contract was "fast tracked" to get the investment from Oaktree. With Mr. USAirways at the wheel it is time to fix the bad blood and move on. The product is good and the people for the most part great. As far as I remember the post 9/11 furlough was around 5 months, who didn't feel that "sting"? Another 100mil doesn't sound as if OTCM is willing to give up on SPA yet, niether should y'all.

DoubleOverHead said:
I did hear we are getting more Airbus's faster and earlier than planned. Which can be good and bad. Great from the outside looking in, but we cant train that fast. 6-8 before years end and 10 in the first 10 weeks of next year. I forecast a training lag. 120-150 new hires starting asap, but asap is no hurry here.

Second, If you know someone here, I think the good old boy network works well. hand walked in resumes with references seem to get best results. I personally have reccomended 6 pilots in my tenure here, all were interviewed and 4 hired, 1 changed his mind and one didnt get it. So take it for what its worth.

Any way you look at it, its just a JOB, come to work, fly brand new planes, hang out with cool people, pilots F'a's alike, go home and live your life. As probably any aviation job, we have enough time off to live our lives at home and leave work at work. Yes the pay can be better, but even the guys at fed ex are complaining.

Thanks for the useful info. What is the QOL at Spirit like (reserve periods, call outs, etc.)? How would reserve be on either the bus or mad dog? Please no wise cracks from the peanut gallery, as I am sure it is a hell of a lot better than what I have been subjected to lately!

Cheers

Plug said:
Thanks for the useful info. (reserve periods, call outs, etc.)? How would reserve be on either the bus or mad dog?

Reserve periods:
Res A: reserve duty 04:00 thru 18:00
Res B: 06:00 to 20:00
Res C: 13:00 to 03:00
Res D: 21:00 to 08:30

These reserve periods are new 01 Aug. Many guys are wondering just what we got in return for the MEC agreeing to the res period changes.

Reserve on the MD or the AB is just that- reserve!

castle bravo said:
Reserve periods:
Res A: reserve duty 04:00 thru 18:00
Res B: 06:00 to 20:00
Res C: 13:00 to 03:00
Res D: 21:00 to 08:30

These reserve periods are new 01 Aug. Many guys are wondering just what we got in return for the MEC agreeing to the res period changes.

Reserve on the MD or the AB is just that- reserve!

What kind of call out goes with these periods? Is there ready reserve?

[QUOTE=Plug

( call outs, etc.)?

1. No long call/ short call system
2. No ready reserve, or standby reserve
3. Shall return notification call to skeds within 15 minutes
4. Shall report to assignment within 1.5 hrs of notification, and be ready to depart within 2 hrs.
5. Skeds may authorize reimbursement of long term parking fees to expedite report times.
6. Assigned on a low flt time/high flt time basis.

castle bravo said:
Plug ( call outs said:
Ouch, that is worse than what we currently have at ASA.

Do you have access to scheduling's info via the internet so you can at least see if they have put anything on you? Can you pick up open time on reserve? Also, how long does it appear the folks that get hired would be on reserve? I know that last question is a crap shoot and I always hated it when new hires here at ASA would ask me that question but I had to ask.

Cheers

You can access Sabre and see any assignments to your schedule and you can also access a reserve grid to see all reserve availability and any open trips. What is so different about ASA reserve that makes it so much better?

Latest resources

Back