• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The latest info that I can glean says that we will hire a class of twenty or so, as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the "asap" includes money issues. I assume that the class will make sometime in November and the newhires will be trained in time for the spring break schedule bump. I expect a schedule increase before Thanksgiving, and another before Spring break. IOW, the pilots currently on site, will work a lot of OT during the winter holidays.

The last I heard, the furloughees are all "back" but Spirit is playing their normal tricks with terminology. In SpiritSpeak, "back" means that they are completely requalified. I thought that a recall would mean an immediate return to pay status, but NO, they have to train and take a checkride before the pay starts.

enigma

t-gates, the hiring could be for either airplane, But I doubt that Spirit wants to spend any money training MD80 pilots. That said, the openings will go according to seniority, and the list has been in such turmoil lately because of furloughs and base reductions, that the answer to your question is: Who knows?

enigma

DC9stick said:
Overall Spirit would be a great place to work if management would just stand up and abide by the contract they forced down our throats.

Ok you’re kidding right?! If by forced down your throats you mean that most of the chicken sh!ts there (you all know who you are) put on their best dresses, slathered on lots of lipstick, got a bikini wax, donned some kneepads and opened up wide so they could willingly accept what they deserved, then yes it was forced down your throats. Now you all have buyer’s remorse because you realize that you got F-ed good and hard by ol Jacob and crew. You kids should have had some balls when it counted...now Jacob knows what kind of perfume you girls wear and he's got a big closet full of that stuff. Good luck...but even that won't help.

onthestreet said:
Ok you’re kidding right?! If by forced down your throats you mean that most of the chicken sh!ts there (you all know who you are) put on their best dresses, slathered on lots of lipstick, got a bikini wax, donned some kneepads and opened up wide so they could willingly accept what they deserved, then yes it was forced down your throats. Now you all have buyer’s remorse because you realize that you got F-ed good and hard by ol Jacob and crew. You kids should have had some balls when it counted...now Jacob knows what kind of perfume you girls wear and he's got a big closet full of that stuff. Good luck...but even that won't help.

"onthestreet"
What a complete and utter "TOOL" you are, your user name is fitting...

Last edited:
onthestreet said:

onthestreet, breath deeply bro. Yes, we voted for the contract. Our negotiators and MEC believed that the company needed that contract and convinced us to accept said contract. As you probably know, two of those negotiators have since made written admissions of the fact that they were trying to "help" the company. We are NOT in a dump on me twice situation. After getting fooled in contract 03, our pilot group has turned 180degrees. Our current MEC and its chair are all new. There's a new sherriff in town, or should I say, there's a new lawman in town; the lawman and the rest of the MEC are NOT weak. Times, they are a changin.

enigma

elag777 said:
"onthestreet"
What a complete and utter "TOOL" you are, your user name is fitting...

If you didn't vote for that last contract then it don't apply to you. If you did vote for it...truth hurts uh?

onthestreet said:
If you didn't vote for that last contract then it don't apply to you. If you did vote for it...truth hurts uh?

As I said, the name suits you....times change but I think you will always be a "TOOL"...

enigma said:
. Our current MEC and its chair are all new. There's a new sherriff in town, or should I say, there's a new lawman in town; the lawman and the rest of the MEC are NOT weak. Times, they are a changin.

enigma

We'll see. I like the lawman but if my memory serves me correctly, I seem to remember the lawman turning tail and running when the fight got tough last time. Maybe this time is different but still there are many marys running around over there. (You know who you are). Enigma excluded. BLUE skies.

onthestreet said:
So you did vote for it then Mary!

Wrong again! Don't work for SPA, a good bunch of guys, and I hope they make it through the rough spell, with I am guessing no help from your "TOOLNESS"

Don't spin that 112 of yours, recovery takes conviction..

Latest resources

Back