Spartan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Khirsah said:
That's what made my mind up. Oh, and my current school can't warn, suspend, or expel me for legally consuming alcohol off-campus or for having buddies over to the apartment for a poker game.

there really is no campus...i dont know who you were talkin to but no one warnes us about drinking, or playing poker.

user..

no harm no foul brotha

That's what the recruiter was telling me. And though it may not be enforced, I like to play by the rules. And I chose not to be in a position to have to abide by those rules.

If Spartan is right for you, more power to you. Between tuition, flight costs, and a couple of the "Personal Conduct Rules" I decided it wasn't for me.

Kream926 said:
...i must be an exception causei dont have schedule issues, especially in the RG...

Because no one else will fly them. $170

Jack

PS: I'm not really a jerk, just having a bit of fun.

Khirsah said:
If Spartan is right for you, more power to you. Between tuition, flight costs, and a couple of the "Personal Conduct Rules" I decided it wasn't for me.

I must admit, i've never heard about those "Personal Conduct Rules" either... Hey... students & instructors talk openely about drinking. Hell, the instructors i know drink WITH their students.

Because no one else will fly them. $170

*rim-shot*

so true ;)

Na... scheduling is more about who you know. For the last 2 years, everytime i wanted a plane i've gotten it - even at prime time (2-6) be it a 152 or a 172. The new guys who come here are often jerks and piss off dispatch. To bad for them, 'cause that means "no plane for you" - and yes, we have a plane nazi at sparten. He is known as the "fingers" guy. Sorry, can't elaborate :D.

I considered going to Spartan, but about three weeks before the first day of school, I decided not to go. I looked into the school deeper, beyond just talking to the recruiter, and I made the right descision. Pretty much the exact same thing also happend to my roommate.

Whatever you do, try to do your research very thoroughly. We all know different colleges fit some better than others.

$170 an hour for an RG??? YGTBSM!!!!!

Does that include the instructor too?

If not, I am running out and buying a couple o ragged out RG's and start renting those puppies at the bargan rates of 150 an hour to Spartan students on the weekends!!!!!!

I have owned and operated twins for less money per hour than that. Just go buy your own plane, learn to fly in it, then sell it. You will still come out cheaper than doing 250 hours or so in one of theirs.

Out of curiosity, what do they charge for multi's?

Flyin Tony said:
250$ for a 1950 PA23

Did you mean a 1960 PA 23? If memory serves, I think 54 was the first year for the Apache.

Anyhow, $250? Man I sold my 58 model to the wrong shmoe!!!! I only got 42k out of it (Bought it for 23k and flew it for 3 years)....I should have found a Spartan student.....Probably could have gotten 70 or 80K for that puppy!!:D

KeroseneSnorter said:
$170 an hour for an RG??? YGTBSM!!!!!

If not, I am running out and buying a couple o ragged out RG's and start renting those puppies at the bargan rates of 150 an hour to Spartan students on the weekends!!!!!!

actually, the FBO across the street charges $98 - so you're out of luck :D And their twin is only $150.

The question is... will i have a degree at the end of my training. Spartan gives me one... Part61 schools don't. This was one of the main reason i went to spartan, considering everything.

Yes, it would probably be a better idea to get a degree in something other than aviation, just to have a backup plan in case aviation doesn't work out. Though i'm not to worried...

Just curious, where did you guys (the ones taking the cheap route) get your degrees? Or if you don't have one, how do you plan on obtaining them? You do need a 4 year degree for the majors, dont' forget that ;)

Flyin Tony said:
250$ for a 1950 PA23

actually, we fly seminoles - thats a PA44. But you got the price right :D

And all the 172R's & seminole's are no older than 5-8 years. Its the 152's & RG's that are stone age.

Latest resources

Back