• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spartan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think I'll worry too much about it. Like my daddy always said, "stay the hell out of Oklahoma!" I guess he was talking about Spartan.

mattpilot said:
fark that! :)

I'm glad they changed the blue shirt to a white one. Looks better - but still wouldn't want to be seen in public with it :D

are you KIDDING, whited shirts with purple epauletts and purple tie??

looks like someone vomitted purple jello ona white shirt

hey.. its maroon :)

btw... i hope the bookstore doesn't get those new ties anytime soon. I Went through 1/2 of the CFI training sofar without wasting money on that stupid thing...

mattpilot said:
hey.. its maroon :)

btw... i hope the bookstore doesn't get those new ties anytime soon. I Went through 1/2 of the CFI training sofar without wasting money on that stupid thing...

whatever they still look mega stupid.

as for the new shirts, they are not mandatory. and by the time winter is back again i plan on a white shirt anyways, but with a black tie, how about you?

Kream926 said:
the people that talk bad about it are the ones that expect things to fall into their laps.
I am not affiliated, or have I ever flown at Spartan, but our hangar is located nearby Spartan's, and I get to talk reguarly with the students going there!

You can't sit here and feed me that line of BS about them weeding out those that can't cut it, when I hear 3 out of 4 Spartan students complain about lack of scheduling, no flying time, Chinese always being favored over the American students, blah blah blah. MattPilot summed it up best in his post about the issues that face Spartan students.

True, academies like that are designed to weed out those that can't cut it, that's the nature of the beast. However, its a far different monster going on there.

Just my .02

User997 said:
I am not affiliated, or have I ever flown at Spartan, but our hangar is located nearby Spartan's, and I get to talk reguarly with the students going there!

You can't sit here and feed me that line of BS about them weeding out those that can't cut it, when I hear 3 out of 4 Spartan students complain about lack of scheduling, no flying time, Chinese always being favored over the American students, blah blah blah. MattPilot summed it up best in his post about the issues that face Spartan students.

True, academies like that are designed to weed out those that can't cut it, that's the nature of the beast. However, its a far different monster going on there.

Just my .02

Christiansen or robertson?
anyways i must be an exception causei dont have schedule issues, especially in the RG. im not trying to feed anyone BS just my personal account. so you go do what you want and i will stay there, sorry your friends have had bad experiences. But then again im sure everyone's got a friend somewhere at all the flight schools in this country that had a bad experience.

Kream926 said:
But then again im sure everyone's got a friend somewhere at all the flight schools in this country that had a bad experience.
Absolutely, and I agree 100%. You will always find students with bad experiences in every single school out there. It's the way it works.

Not trying to knock you personally, I just didn't want your previous post to come across as THE way it is, when unfortunately there is obviously many, many more students out there not having as fortunate of a time as you are.

The uniform (there is a dress code for non-flight students) didn't really bother me, Kream.

I talked to Spartan about an aviation management degree and decided the tuition cost would be better spent elsewhere.

My $9k apartment lease (2 bedroom, no roommate, wonderful neighborhood) and my $5k/yearly tuition, while costing slightly more than the yearly tuition I was quoted for Spartan, was the better choice for me. That and, umm... Well I can rent a newer 172 for half the price.

That's what made my mind up. Oh, and my current school can't warn, suspend, or expel me for legally consuming alcohol off-campus or for having buddies over to the apartment for a poker game.

Latest resources

Back