Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jackotron

Man, Myth
Ok, I talked to a lady at Spartan School of Aeronautics the other day. Unbelievable. They want $14,000 per year for tuition alone. That does not include any flight time. Their primary trainer is a 152 and the cost of their 172 is $165/hour. What? May as well go to gulfstream (flamebait).

Jack

Spartan is a big fat joke.

Stay far, far, far away from them - unless your Chinese of course, they love the Chinese! :rolleyes:

i got there and its not that bad.........14 hours just this month and done with stg 6 comm in less than that. the people that talk bad about it are the ones that expect things to fall into their laps. what i like about it is that it weeds out all the ones that shouldnt be there. started out with 60 people and now there is less than 10, the ones that are motivated enough and know what the industry is like. expecting to fly a 777 right after and such should look else where. top notch instruction and top notch maintainance. the only negatives are the chinese and the prices. im too far into it now to go else where. plus 95% of the people goin though cfi program get hired on, where else are you gonna find at least 8 students and some multi time??

Is this the spartan school in Oakland?

Edit:
I'm a big fat moron, wrong school!

Last edited:
Tulsa, OK

I guess they already weeded me out. I must not be driven enough. 200 bones for a plane and instructor. You have got to be kidding me.

Jack

also currently at spartan. Been here for a while and almost done. I've seen it all.

First of all.. don't believe anything the rep tells you. They will lie about anything to get your money.

Yes, it is extremely expensive. $130 for a 152, $150 for a 172 and $170 for a 172RG.

As for management - they dont' give a flying fook about their employees or their students. Only about money. And you hear that from both the instructors and the students. It is a good school in terms of training & maintence, but it is very overpriced. Hey - its still cheaper than ERAU :)

You can lower the cost somewhat by doing the general education classes at a local college where you will pay 1/4. That should save you around 5k off the 45k projected.

Also... stay away from their housing!!!! Trust me on this one. Get your own apartment that is not associated with spartan!

Khirsah said:
Yeah, but you get to wear that cool Spartan uniform everywhere you go.

nope, just when we're flying

and come to think of it, anywhere you go there will be people that will like it and those who wont.

Last edited:
Khirsah said:
Yeah, but you get to wear that cool Spartan uniform everywhere you go.

fark that! :)

I'm glad they changed the blue shirt to a white one. Looks better - but still wouldn't want to be seen in public with it :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back