• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's lowest advance-purchase fares drop to $29 on 10 routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a hipshot response to a stoopid previous post. DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS.

You didn't hurt my feelings, I really do L-U-V SWA. Capitalism is alive and doing well. The STRONG WILL SURVIVE and the WEAK will die. The market and the people will determine this.

SWA RULES!!

CYA

Whataburger,

Are you trying to become the new SWA/FO on FI? Give it a rest dude, things can change in this business very quickly. Its bad Karma.

Yeah... 'cause BHM-BNA is such a high-yield market.

A. BHM is a depressed city where not a lot of people need to fly to begin with.

B. When people in BHM need to come to Nashville, they drive. It's 2 1/2 hours.

Never did understand some routes. Kind of upset that jetBlue pulled out of BNA but I understand why. Routes are either over-serviced or never will have that much demand.

But what do I know, I don't own the most successful domestic airline of all time... ;)

That is why pilots do not run a company. I would rather someone that knows about $$ running a company.

Whataburger,

Are you trying to become the new SWA/FO on FI? Give it a rest dude, things can change in this business very quickly. Its bad Karma.

I would never give THE SWA/FO(CA) a run for his money, dude. I have a pretty firm grasp on how dynamic this industry is without the use of your wisdom. I think it's creative to go back to our roots and charge cheap fares to get folks on our planes. It worked in the past, why not now? I dont believe my bad karma can bring this company down. By all means, put me on your "ignore list," dude. Thanx.

Lowering prices below cost to "stimulate demand" is a spin on good, old fashioned predatory pricing. Just ask Hawaiian and Aloha.

The jets are already flying these routes. If they are flying half full it makes sense to offer cheap tickets to add more revenue. In the early days, SWA offered $10 tickets on late night flights that previously were flying empty to reposition. It's all about asset management. Don't underestimate SWA management.

Jim

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back