• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's Artful Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...... which is the part that makes me the most nervous. "We" create the monster that eats our future growth - possibly.

If I put my SWA shoes on I'd have to agree with you. ATA pilots don't want to become the low labor cost SWA clone either. I'd love to see ATA and SWA pilots get together and work out an agreement that would not allow either group to be used against each other to drive pilot pay lower at SWA.

I can think of a few ideas that our unions could implement, it would be easier and painless if an agreement was hammered out sooner than later.

GuppyWN said:
...... which is the part that makes me the most nervous. "We" create the monster that eats our future growth - possibly.

ATA Fan said it best. We're just pawns in the game. I do trust Mr. Kelly but his responsibility is also to the shareholders to create revenue........ however he can.

Gup

I get where your coming from. Maybe I am a dreamer, but right now I am going to just have to give the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Capt. Mega...

Are you a dumba$$? Did you read all that I typed? You never heard that saying? "sometimes you got to watch out for number 1". Now, get back to your SORT!

Sometimes you gotas to watch out for number 1. Before any of you sensitive types get all excited that was just an old saying.

lets see what the SWA/FO really typed.....listed above

the SWA/FO

:laugh:

Last edited:
Agreed, no one stays on top for ever....look at UAL. This board's going to melt down when SWA reports a quarterly loss (cerca: June 2008).

crashpad said:
Agreed, no one stays on top for ever....look at UAL. This board's going to melt down when SWA reports a quarterly loss (cerca: June 2008).

Why should it? SWA has reported quarterly losses before....just haven't had any annual losses in 34 years.

Tejas

SWA/FO said:
Capt. Mega...

Are you a dumba$$? Did you read all that I typed? You never heard that saying? "sometimes you got to watch out for number 1". Now, get back to your SORT!

lets see what the SWA/FO really typed.....listed above

the SWA/FO

:laugh:

Why are you asking me? You already think I am. Cocky SOBs really tick me off and that's what comes to mind when I think of you. The thing is is when people lose touch with reality and act like their airline is infallable that's when divine intervention comes in and BOOM. The is problem is people like you wouldn't even learn from a lesson like that. You would probably go about your way with your inflated head. Get my drift or are you too ignorant to get what I am talking about?

I just wanted you to confirm what I already know, you are a dumba$$. I guess, you thought it was a trick question. I can't believe I have to explain a common (old) saying. Did you grow up in America?

Anybody want to help me with this one? Where are my SWAPA brothers when you need 'em?

the SWA/FO

:pimp:

gfy

SWA/FO said:
Where are my SWAPA brothers when you need 'em?

Right here bro. Sounded obvious to me. Let's take care of our own house and worry about number one. That's good ole SWA - not Gup or SWA F/O or whomever.

Our mantra around here is to plan for the bad times while in good times. We make a lot of money to fly Herb's red bellied war machines around the sky. We are also the most productive pilot group flying the most productive aircraft flows for the most productive airline in this country.

Funny how you guys all complained how we were "dragging the industry down" just a couple years ago. Now we're at or near the top of the heap and you predict our doom and gloom? Which is it? Are we dragging the industry down or setting the bar?

Gup

Last edited:
GuppyWN said:
Funny how you guys all complained how we were "dragging the industry down" just a couple years ago. Now we're at or near the top of the heap and you predict our doom and gloom? Which is it? Are we dragging the industry down or setting the bar?

Gup

Please tell me you're not serious! You're not at the "top of the heap" as you say, because your pilot group raised the bar. You are there because everyone else bar came crashing down to compete with the likes of the red bellied war machines, which is quite fitting because it seems they have indeed declared war on what WERE the best airlines to work for. You don't set the bar by bringing others down below you. You set the bar by RAISING it above what the best had, and you sir, are no where near what the best had 5 years ago. So to answer your question....You're dragging the industry down.

Latest resources

Back