• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Southwest would NEVER do that......"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point mainly is that your group in general still doesn't treat the AT guys well, the pay disparity is ridiculous, and SWAPA should do something about that.

This is disingenuous at best.

There at least a dozen other issues going on with different companies that should largely concern you more about our industry that are actively on this forum that you leave completely alone.

You have a grudge and this is the only way you can cope with this inner turmoil. What I find really sad, and I am serious about this, this hatred is affecting you so much more than anyone else and you don't even know what you are doing to yourself.

Not only did I have breakfast with my kids (who I will hold a bit tighter this evening) this morning before school, I will have dinner with them also.

Well said. I know we poke fun at eachother but after today's events arguing whose airline is better is kinda pointless.

The Hat, if worn properly, should never be worn indoors. Running up 16,000 posts on a forum, primarily whining like a schoolgirl most of the time, also does not look or ACT the part.

you've got two totally separate points in that sentence, I'll address the one aimed at my response. Wearing your hat in the terminal, in the sight of your passengers is a tradition that goes back long before you ever crawled into your first trainer... In the military, your cover is always on outdoors, but also indoors if you're in a large open air space.. i.e. an airport.

Well said. I know we poke fun at eachother but after today's events arguing whose airline is better is kinda pointless.

I don't even want to think about that... I want to put my head in the ground like an Ostrich... how do you even begin to rationalize something like that?

Prayers are with those poor parents of those little kids... that killer has a special reservation in the 9th ring of hell.

I don't even want to think about that... I want to put my head in the ground like an Ostrich... how do you even begin to rationalize something like that?

Prayers are with those poor parents of those little kids... that killer has a special reservation in the 9th ring of hell.

Amen. I've got 5 kids. I don't even want to watch the news. I can't imagine the pain.

This is disingenuous at best.

There at least a dozen other issues going on with different companies that should largely concern you more about our industry that are actively on this forum that you leave completely alone.

You have a grudge and this is the only way you can cope with this inner turmoil. What I find really sad, and I am serious about this, this hatred is affecting you so much more than anyone else and you don't even know what you are doing to yourself.

So, I can't point out an injustice? Really, the AT guys initially thought they won the lottery. A merger with SWA, what a GREAT DEAL. We all thought that. Instead, they were ganged up upon, and then seemingly punished for NOT taking the first deal. Even Scoreboard said they deserved what they got because they turned down the first deal. Well, will SWAPA take the first deal when upcoming negotiations take place for your next contract? I doubt it. Where was SWAPA when that second deal took place? I know they didn't represent them (ALPA did), but why would SWAPA allow 2 pay scales and two different groups for 4 years? (until 2015) That doesn't seem right. Does it to you?

Bye Bye---General Lee

So, I can't point out an injustice? Really, the AT guys initially thought they won the lottery. A merger with SWA, what a GREAT DEAL. We all thought that. Instead, they were ganged up upon, and then seemingly punished for NOT taking the first deal. Even Scoreboard said they deserved what they got because they turned down the first deal. Well, will SWAPA take the first deal when upcoming negotiations take place for your next contract? I doubt it. Where was SWAPA when that second deal took place? I know they didn't represent them (ALPA did), but why would SWAPA allow 2 pay scales and two different groups for 4 years? (until 2015) That doesn't seem right. Does it to you?

Bye Bye---General Lee

You know man it sucks. I hate to lose. But thats part of life. Some times you win and sometimes you lose. I'll be sure to teach my daughter that. There is a reason why you don't see that many AT pilots bitching up a storm anymore. It's not that our feelings changed suddenly, it's that it is unhealthy not to let stressful things go. So thanks for being in our corner, but if you really consider yourself a part of the the FI community, just let it go. Thankfully your airline has made some good decisions lately and your career is looking up. I have many friends at DAL and i'm extremely happy for them. For SWA and AT there are bigger fish to fry. Probably as an industry as a whole. When the new ATL domicile opens for SWA, they will share our crewroom in ATL. I hope that instead of some melee breaking out, we are able to move forward as a company.

Latest resources

Back