Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me guess,
You need a brain for that d-bag!

you commute home on an allnighter from BWI Westbound to your home in El Paso on a medical Learjet that sometimes pushes back at 0310am on every other Thursday night? Yeah, and you're a loser.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Stop whacking off on your dads computer, and quit pretending to be a pilot. There's nothing wrong with being a Skywest dispatcher!

Well i've been at SWA 6 years and I think Wave and Red are smoking crack. It's still a good company and a good job... but it ain't what it used to be. It will take a miracle for a NH to upgrade in under 20 years now. Delta, United, American are all better options if the left seat is the goal. I can say that the right seat at SWA is still better than the left seat at many other places. Time will tell, but the Koolaid at SWA is starting to taste a little sour.

Nice to see someone being honest.

Let me guess, you commute home on an allnighter from BWI Westbound to your home in El Paso on a medical Learjet that sometimes pushes back at 0310am on every other Thursday night? Yeah, and you're a loser.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I guess if I did that, then I might be. But I don't and it doesn't change the fact that your a poser that adds nothing but insults here.

Nice to see someone being honest.

Did either one of you actually read Wave's post?

I agree about the upgrade. It would be nice, but it's not necessary for me to make it the bain of my exsistance. Hence, making great money in the right seat and the flexiblity to do other things.....like business opportunities outside of this industry.

Combine returns on a successful business venture with a 200k FO salary and I'm doing better than most Captains. If you have the kind of ego that you HAVE to sit in the left seat, then your mileage may vary. It's not that big of deal to me. Especially as I get closer to premium time in the summer...etc.

To each his own.

Last edited:
Does a FO at SWA really make $200k a year, or is this an exaggeration? Looking at airline central it doesn't add up, but then again ac doesn't show all the extras.

I've been at WN longer than Red and I don't make 200K. Can it be done? Yes, but you would have to score a lot of Premium and fly a ton to do it.

I've been at WN longer than Red and I don't make 200K. Can it be done? Yes, but you would have to score a lot of Premium and fly a ton to do it.

Maybe his "successful business venture" is getting payed to post BS on FI.

Well i've been at SWA 6 years and I think Wave and Red are smoking crack. It's still a good company and a good job... but it ain't what it used to be. It will take a miracle for a NH to upgrade in under 20 years now. Delta, United, American are all better options if the left seat is the goal. I can say that the right seat at SWA is still better than the left seat at many other places. Time will tell, but the Koolaid at SWA is starting to taste a little sour.

Ohhhhh snap! Thanks for your reply. Red? Wave? Response please.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Does a FO at SWA really make $200k a year, or is this an exaggeration? Looking at airline central it doesn't add up, but then again ac doesn't show all the extras.

Very doable. But flying becomes your life (as does checking open time 3 times a day including 1am) and your life is something you try to fit around your obsession for more trips. The good news is you could still average about 11 days off. 200k at 8 year FO is 133 trips per month (125.30 Hr/trip). The premium trips (1.5x) are mostly available during weekends, holidays and any significant event you planned on your days off. You can work four 3 day trips and pick up a couple of day trips and hover around 105 TFP with about 16 days off. I still work for uncle sam two days a month so that's about all I can handle.

Last edited:

You mean to tell me there's a RSW pilot who's feeling a little less luv'd since air tran??
Tell me it isn't so.
And guess what FI crowd who's convinced SWA pilots all luv the SLI- he's got a lot of valid sentiments

Doesn't make his 20 year opinion more valid
AND me being optimistic doesn't make mine either-
Time will tell
I'm more worried about where I can enjoy the right now -
Find that place for you and don't sacrifice now anticipating or chasing carrots

Latest resources

Back