• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you have all the answers.... No way all of these pilots will last until they reach 65. Many will bug out earlier.

I think a lot will be forced to leave early due to health issues, but the fact is very few pilots are retiring early. We have hundreds of pilots on the list older than 60. That shows me that pilots are not retiring early. I have flown with numerous pilots over 60 and not one has even hinted at retiring early. I've flown with pilots in their late 50's who claim they are going to retire at 60, but I won't believe it until I see it. A late 2010 hire is right behind me on the list so we'll probably upgrade about the same time. I guess he's looking at a 13-14 year upgrade, but that's by no means a quick upgrade historically.

I'm enjoying these threads a lot more after putting OYS on my ignore list. To that end, feel free to reply to OYS but please don't quote him. It's more fun to guess what his latest obloviation is--as opposed to having to read it.

So is it really something like 19 years for the new guys?

who cares...
Straight from APC:

pay_delta2011b.jpg

And:
pay_southwest2010.jpg

So after upgrade at 12 years, The guppy pay and the whale pay is basically the same, well except DAL guys don't upgrade to the whale AND SW GUYS FLY AS MUCH AS THEY WANT!
KBB

Last edited:
Well, sounds like apples to oranges...

except they're both fish!

It is interesting that the Whale pay the 10-12 years at DAL is SW +$1...
KBB

Last edited:

If Southwest staples the AirTran/Guadaloupe pilots then you will see serious upgrades at SWA. Anything less than a straight staple will not be good for Southwest upgrades.

I think Lee is funny, but I am not exactly like him.

You both have the same obnoxious writing style, that of a Junior High kid who couldn't pass Language Arts. The title of this thread is "Southwest Upgrade", what exactly could you possibly contribute to this discussion when you have zero knowledge on the subject?

I know Delta is boring as all he!!, so you troll the Southwest threads because it's more exciting than your current airline could ever be. I am suggesting you do us all a favor, and only post on subjects you have firsthand knowledge of. If any questions come up about Delta we will be sure to get your perspective.

Latest resources

Back