• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me too. My favorite part was the long lead up of the young AF pilot who all his life wanted to be a "Skygod" And when he showed up his first day, he realized the Skygod was an a$$hole!.

Or something like that.
I

Yep, that was funny. Another funny part was when Sky God Coglioni barked over the counter to the dispatcher, "Goddamit Evans, I told you I didn't want any ********************ing new hires in my cockpit.." Or something like that. I think I need to grab it off the bookcase and give it another read.

I

Yep, that was funny. Another funny part was when Sky God Coglioni barked over the counter to the dispatcher, "Goddamit Evans, I told you I didn't want any ********************ing new hires in my cockpit.." Or something like that. I think I need to grab it off the bookcase and give it another read.

If I'm not mistaken, that's part of the same story.

The young AF pilot wanted to be a "skygod" all his life, worshipped the "boat captains" as they were called in the flying boat days. FINALLY got his chance to interview and get hired, all along holding the "skygods" in such high regard.

And when he shows up for his first day and introduced himself to his CA, the part you mention above was the skygod's reaction.

It was a long time ago when I read it so I could be off. A good read none the less. I've had the privilege of knowing some of the former Pan Am/Eastern/Braniff guys from crashpads and other places. It always kinda bummer me out when they'd talk of the older days in this job with a "kid, you have NO idea what you missed. It's just not the same these days"

Latest resources

Back