• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to Newark!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You might consider not going where CAL/UAL currently goes. That way when/if we strike you can avoid flying struck work. That's probably one of the major reasons you all got this. That's the feeling I'm getting in my enormous gut....

Not that I think for even a nano second you guys would do that to us. Fact I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see some SWA guys walking our line with us.

Don't kid yourself CAL/UAL will never be allowed to strike longer than 1 day.

Since GL seems to be out of touch at the moment, I'll briefly fill his shoes. The first destination will be EWR-LBB with connecting service to MAF and AMA!

Since GL seems to be out of touch at the moment, I'll briefly fill his shoes. The first destination will be EWR-LBB with connecting service to MAF and AMA!

Sorry about that, had a great layover in Germany and didn't even hear about the SWA EWR slot deal until I got back. That is NUTS (as Herb used to say). But, if it increases the LBB to EWR traffic, then I guess it is a win win for LBB and SWA. Man alive, I hope these corndogs start to appreciate their "out of the way" airports like MHT and PVD, because the Sewark will eat them alive. Their schedules will be thrown into such disarray that thousands of people downline of those flights will have to rebook for a next day flight. But that's ok, their bags fly free at least! Enjoy it boys! I hope you enjoy your AMA, LBB, MAF, ISP, and EWR layovers.

Bye Bye--General Lee

14,090 posts and thats the best you can do?

And that's the best you can retort? Hurry up and get back to your preflight, you have 4 more legs today after the two you just flew. You must be exhausted. Well, at least you will get to suck some chilli down when you get to your Jackson, MS layover........have fun with that and your 5 legs tomorrow to BWI, and think up a better response next time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Just keep paying me!! I don't even have to go to Germany to get the same (if not) better money!

Just keep paying me!! I don't even have to go to Germany to get the same (if not) better money!

I don't know if you make better money than I do, but my one leg to Germany from ATL with a first class meal, then rest time in a first class seat, all the way over to a distant land with great beer and interesting people to watch at a great dinner sure beats your 3 day trip with 17 legs and stops through ELP, LBB, and ISP. (that was the longest sentence ever written)

INTL flying rocks. Nothing can be broken (ETOPS requirements), people treat you well (employees in Europe and elsewhere actually care about their jobs), you eat well (it's a buffet style dinner all the way over to Happy hour), and hotels are very nice for security reasons. I guess you just won't ever understand.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General:

As to your comment about 17 legs in a 3 day trip ... we have very few trips that have 17 legs in a 4 day let alone a 3 day.

As to your comment about compensation, most of the FOs that I fly with average 110 to 120 TFP. That equates to a range between 120K and 150K a year.

I had the pleasure of flying MD-11(s) in my previous life.

I agree 101% with your comment about Germany, the Germans (especially downtown EDDF) and the food. What I remember most about the city was how devoid of litter the area was. But I digress ...

Some of us a SWA do understand, with great clarity, what it is like to fly outside Texas.

My wish for you and my friends at DAL is that your merger with NWA brings each and everyone prosperity and career stability.

Latest resources

Back