• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SouthWest to buy Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many bus guys despise the 190 and blame it for stagnation, most refuse to admit how much growth it's responsible for and that it actually makes money - even with the engine maintenance mismanagement this year. Boston would be nowhere near what it is now and we wouldn't serve many of our markets if we had only 320's or 319's. Who was it that posted that SWA did a study and determined that the 190 was the only airplane that was profitable on certain city pairs? I have no idea if it's true or not, but it's plausible. But hey, if fragmentation fears keep inflating my artificial seniority on the 190, I'll take it. Weekends off and no red eyes works for me. Now arguing if we could be fragmented with our PEA's, yeah absolutely IMO, I just don't think it makes sense.

Great talking points Bluebell. You make a great sheep, Dave loves you!

Who knows with the pea's but they would have to fragment out of seniority.
The 190 has its place unless the high and might bus guys want to do the dca ewr phl shuttle flights or sju to stt or sxm.

High and mighty??? Let's see I've flown BOS-DCA on the bus. I've flown BOS-PHL on the bus. I've flown BOS-EWR on the bus. I've done 5 legs in one day multiple times, yes it was scheduled. Some of you 190 guys have a real inferiority complex.

A more likely scenerio would be SWA waiting for JetBlue to fall on hard times and go after the gates and routes in SJU. ATA style. The AT integration is far from text book. Adding JetBlue right now is clearly beyond their scope, outside of running the airline seperately. That's just being realistic. But the company will do whatever they want.

High and mighty??? Let's see I've flown BOS-DCA on the bus. I've flown BOS-PHL on the bus. I've flown BOS-EWR on the bus. I've done 5 legs in one day multiple times, yes it was scheduled. Some of you 190 guys have a real inferiority complex.

I don't have an inferiority complex.
I like the flying as I like short hops.
I know you guys fly short legs but are all of your pairings like that?( don't think so) Just saying from reading blue pilots where the 190 is to blame for everything(ask scud he has a whole rant) to a few of the bus guys I have talked to about when are you coming over to a real plane or how is it at JetBlue express. The best is still the bus guys go with the planes to whatever major buys us while the 190 guys go to republic. I guess I just feel inferior.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate bus guys and the high and mighty was a sarcastic joke we are a mainly east coast airline so I thought most would get that.

I don't have an inferiority complex.
I like the flying as I like short hops.
I know you guys fly short legs but are all of your pairings like that?( don't think so) Just saying from reading blue pilots where the 190 is to blame for everything(ask scud he has a whole rant) to a few of the bus guys I have talked to about when are you coming over to a real plane or how is it at JetBlue express. The best is still the bus guys go with the planes to whatever major buys us while the 190 guys go to republic. I guess I just feel inferior.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate bus guys and the high and mighty was a sarcastic joke we are a mainly east coast airline so I thought most would get that.

Scud has never made his issues with the 190 personal. The 190 has fallen WAY short of forecasted costs and reliability. Does that reflect poorly on 190 pilots? Absolutely not! We are all JetBlue pilots plain and simple.

Every cost metric on the 190 is much much higher than what was ever anticipated. Management will never admit the 190 was a mistake, however capping orders as they have ought to say something. Push come to shove buying 319's would probably have been the more prudent thing to do. But that's like saying the Red Sox should have never "sold" Babe Ruth....we'll never know!

Scud has never made his issues with the 190 personal. The 190 has fallen WAY short of forecasted costs and reliability. Does that reflect poorly on 190 pilots? Absolutely not! We are all JetBlue pilots plain and simple.

Every cost metric on the 190 is much much higher than what was ever anticipated. Management will never admit the 190 was a mistake, however capping orders as they have ought to say something. Push come to shove buying 319's would probably have been the more prudent thing to do. But that's like saying the Red Sox should have never "sold" Babe Ruth....we'll never know!

Good points.

Great talking points Bluebell. You make a great sheep, Dave loves you!

Don't take thinking the 190 has a place in the company for me supporting our PEA, they are completely separate issues. I'm not sure you actually read the last part of my post where I stated I think we could be fragmented or worse. I just don't think it makes sense from a market standpoint. May I suggest a little tact though. If you treat supporters like this, how must you treat those on the fence. You have no idea who I am, and would probably be surprised.

Latest resources

Back