• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SouthWest to buy Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would DAL do? There is no way the DOJ/DOT would approve a DAL/JB combo. And AA will have their hands full with a US integration for the next several years. Perfect time for SWA to make a move.

If SWA wanted to build BOS what gates would they use? Same with FLL?

I would expect amr dal or united to bid up the price. If dal let go some JFK slots they could pull it off.
But who knows if this amr/lcc thing goes I doubt the doj will let any other mergers go.
I still think we stay blue, but if swa wants to buy us keep us and pay us swa rates that's fine with me.

I would suggest taking the first offer.

Now that right there is funny! An offer can only be extended to someone who has the ability to accept or decline it. As JetBlue pilots, we have neither.

Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card.

"In business, you don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

If I had to guess I would say the next time SWA considers purchasing an airline the deal would be structured as an asset purchase only, keeping the pieces it wants and selling those that it doesn't.

If I had to guess I would say the next time SWA considers purchasing an airline the deal would be structured as an asset purchase only, keeping the pieces it wants and selling those that it doesn't.

Yup on our board the swa plan is to take the 320s and the pilots and sell the 190s with its pilots....now oddly enough this only comes from bus guys.
I guess big bad swa who is not having any problems of its own will just slide in and kill blue.....:)

Many bus guys despise the 190 and blame it for stagnation, most refuse to admit how much growth it's responsible for and that it actually makes money - even with the engine maintenance mismanagement this year. Boston would be nowhere near what it is now and we wouldn't serve many of our markets if we had only 320's or 319's. Who was it that posted that SWA did a study and determined that the 190 was the only airplane that was profitable on certain city pairs? I have no idea if it's true or not, but it's plausible. But hey, if fragmentation fears keep inflating my artificial seniority on the 190, I'll take it. Weekends off and no red eyes works for me. Now arguing if we could be fragmented with our PEA's, yeah absolutely IMO, I just don't think it makes sense.

Many bus guys despise the 190 and blame it for stagnation, most refuse to admit how much growth it's responsible for and that it actually makes money - even with the engine maintenance mismanagement this year. Boston would be nowhere near what it is now and we wouldn't serve many of our markets if we had only 320's or 319's. Who was it that posted that SWA did a study and determined that the 190 was the only airplane that was profitable on certain city pairs? I have no idea if it's true or not, but it's plausible. But hey, if fragmentation fears keep inflating my artificial seniority on the 190, I'll take it. Weekends off and no red eyes works for me. Now arguing if we could be fragmented with our PEA's, yeah absolutely IMO, I just don't think it makes sense.

Who knows with the pea's but they would have to fragment out of seniority.
The 190 has its place unless the high and might bus guys want to do the dca ewr phl shuttle flights or sju to stt or sxm.

This is simply not true. I have been on the A320 for 9 years and don't know anyone who despises the E190 or blames it (or its crews) for anything. Your opinion is just that.......an opinion. The E190 serves a purpose and has helped JetBlue. If anyone is to blame for any negative aspects of the E190, it is Embraer. The plane simply wasn't operating as advertised and the manufacturer is responsible.

Latest resources

Back