• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to build new international terminal at HOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Especially when our dining options are either Moe's or the freakin Varsity. ;)

Has anyone been gutsy enough to stuff down a Varsity burger and chili dog before a flight? I would sh!t myself before we got out of the ramp!

LOL... The last time I went through the ATL, I was on lunch duty while the FO went to meet the aircraft on a swap. It was Sunday, so Chickfilla was closed (like every other time I've been through there), and every other place had about 20 people in line. Not having nearly enough time to wait for 20 folks in front of me to endure the Positively Atlanta Service at the other places, I got us both Varsity for our trip to the west coast.

Not as explosive as I was expecting, but I did get to "enjoy" it the rest of the day. It definitely tasted better going down..... YMMV......

Too bad they don't capitalize on the gates that were negotiated for out of ATL prior to the announcement. Already built. Don't have to pay for the construction. Whole lot of hoopla about the ATL market with not a lot to show for it in the past two years. "Don't do hub and spoke?" You will when you have to connect your customers to their international flight. Great market expectations out of HOU when they start to pick pieces from the United/Continental monopoly to the south but they are going to have to wait quite a while until that terminal is complete.

"Don't do hub and spoke?" You will when you have to connect your customers to their international flight. Great market expectations out of HOU when they start to pick pieces from the United/Continental monopoly to the south but they are going to have to wait quite a while until that terminal is complete.
Nope, HOU will not turn into a hub and spoke operation, that simply isn't the business model. HOU already operates 143 daily departures and the majority of those passengers are not originating in Houston. The terminal has a scheduled completion date in 2015.

Latest resources

Back