• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest submits proposal to acquire Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your an F9 employee, the priority is....Who got 1-2-3??

1.2.3 makes its sweet, not being bought by RAH is even, better, did I mention 1-2-3????.....What's not to like? BTW I hope this doesn't turn out like ATA...1-2-3, may get renegotiated in the typical F9'er gets ahold of it.....

the best thing everyone at SWA and Frontier can do is the log off flightinfo and just relax.
let the unions work this out. I don't think anyone will end up on the street.
But since we are pilots and we can't sit still does anyone know what the retirement dates are for the airplanes.

JTF, I agree. The deal says all the labor groups have to agree or the deals off. I hope the F9 guys understand that. I'm more than happy to have them join the list in an amicable way though. Welcome aboard.

I say a reverse seniority integration would be best. Take the furloughed Frontier pilots and make them captains at SWA.

I change my mind. Smart move. Just like with ATA. SWA is keeping some better funded competition out of a key market, a la AWA and Airtran out of MDW. They gain market share in a primary airport, DEN. They downsize it, pull it out of directly competitive routes, spin it off with some inept management controlled by Mattlin-Patterson, let it die in Chapter 7 then buy the slots for a song. To top it off, they make money on the deal! Just like ATA.

F9 pilots. Learn from history! Save your money, too.

Ummm...

Based on previous SWA purchases, I am sending this from my car on the way to empty the KY shelves at Walgreens. Republic offer looking better somehow...

Good luck F9 crews! I'd rather roll the dice with SWA for sure.

I agree! That's the best news I've heard in a long time. I'm sure hoping that it's beneficial for everyone & it seems to be awesome on the surface. At this point the F9'ers have to take anything to keep it alive. WN... It's like a dream come true. In this volatile environment, I hope everyone keeps their jobs. As a F9'er, I am super excited about this. I have a lot of WN buddies and its a place I'd love to work... & I've tried, LOL... Nothin like slippin in the back door. I'd gratefully accept and be as good employee as I am here. I'm sure I speak for most. F9 is a great group of pilots, some of the best dudes I've worked with in my career. If things work out, I'm sure the WN pilots will be happy with what you see. Cheers & I wish the best out of this for everyone involved!

UAL might as well close DEN hub today....if this goes through they have no chance making it in DEN with their cost structure. It will be BWI all over again...

Frontier Pilot's Assoc. is gonna get creamed. Get ready to pony up a big 'ole assessment.

Latest resources

Back