• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest submits proposal to acquire Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't know if anyone posted about Lynx yet, but remember there's over 120 pilots there too

Heyas,

Watch for DAL to make a play for Alaska shortly. Even the mighty SWA can't pull in two directions at once. Frontier is the perfect distraction, and I bet RA even put Republic up
to this just to sucker SWA in.

Nu

don't know if anyone posted about Lynx yet, but remember there's over 120 pilots there too

Do you really think anybody is worried about THEM??

BTW, funniest avatar comment award goes hands-down to you!

Heyas,

Watch for DAL to make a play for Alaska shortly. Even the mighty SWA can't pull in two directions at once. Frontier is the perfect distraction, and I bet RA even put Republic up
to this just to sucker SWA in.

Nu

Nu,

You are giving Dick "I'm not here to merge the airline" Anderson toooooo much credit.

I am reminded of the FAR SIDE cartoon with missionaries/explorers being all giddy at the warm reception of the villagers...oblivous to all the heads on stakes nearby of similiar missionaries/explorers.

The guys firing the warning shots (like HAL) have lived a SWA merger. The guys who are optimistic are reading press clippings. SWA captains will have zero interest in adding other folks on top of them. SWA FOs, especially those junior that are bouncing between bases, also have little interest in assisting anything other than a staple job. 4000 pissed off pilots can exert a lot of pressure on a company that thrives on fuel savings, tight turns, and a sense of teamwork to eek out profitablity.

I have friends at SWA and Frontier. I don't want my junior buddies at SWA screwed into being bounced out of base. I don't want my Frontier friends out of work. I am afraid one of them will occur, and my bet is that my Frontier friends need to consider looking for work. I suspect the "hiring" will be remarkably similar to standard SWA hiring, which means they will take 25-35% of the who they interview. The ATA numbers were much more abysmal.

Good luck to all involved...seriously....

everyone is making this sound like a done deal. i would not be surprised if jetblue or virgin america put a bid in

I don't mean to make this into a "my dad can lick your dad," but really, how many times have you seen SWA outbid at an auction?

Latest resources

Back