Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, your opinions were untested, and you simply choose to claim victory. The fact is, the pilot group caved, so neither your predictions nor anyone else's were ever put to the test.

Was the second offer worse with less money? Y/N?

My predications didn't have to be 'put to the test' because they came true.

Quit acting like a fool who doesn't know the details.

Red, according to Slick, after I questioned him about the merits of AIP 1 vs. AIP 2 his response was that AIP 2 was already pre-agreed to to go out for a vote... Yeah...that's what we, the average line guy were dealing with in our union leadership..

RV

Was the second offer worse with less money? Y/N?

The only reason there was a second deal is because the pilots had already caved. The MEC sent the Merger Committee back to Dallas and agreed to send the deal out for a vote sight unseen, because the membership had done a complete 180 and demanded their vote after Gary started making the slightest threats.

So, again, your theory was never put to the test, because our pilot group caved. Had they not done so, and the process moved forward, you'd likely be junior to me, little man.

So, again, your theory was never put to the test, because our pilot group caved. Had they not done so, and the process moved forward, you'd likely be junior to me,little man.

I said the second deal would be worse, and it was. I didn't speculate on your MEC voting NO (I was shocked), or what the pilot group might do (cave). I said the 1st deal would be the best, and it was. And no, you wouldn't have been senior to me because it was never going to arbitration, Fat Man.

Twe,

I understand and that was pathetic leadership on their part. Expectations should have been managed better from the beginning. Those that claimed DOH and that arbitration would bring those kind of results were disingenuous and actually did more harm than good.

The only reason there was a second deal is because the pilots had already caved. The MEC sent the Merger Committee back to Dallas and agreed to send the deal out for a vote sight unseen, because the membership had done a complete 180 and demanded their vote after Gary started making the slightest threats.

So, again, your theory was never put to the test, because our pilot group caved. Had they not done so, and the process moved forward, you'd likely be junior to me, little man.

The "membership" never did a 180. They were never informed as to what was going on.

The "membership" never did a 180. They were never informed as to what was going on.

Pure bulls---, and the testimony from even the MC in the silly DFR lawsuit proves it. Not one bit of information was withheld. It should have been, but it wasn't.

FE's testimony would make you sick. I've read all of it and it's no wonder why we're in the situation we find ourselves in. He and the MC were in way over their heads and instead of admitting to it and getting help, they continued to prod along and get their asses handed to them.

Amen.

NO. Those are routine events that happen ever few years with no hardened time line. Think about how fast Gary wanted to get this done. The SLI was going to be one good bite at the apple. Put all your negotiating capital to work up front and get the best deal you can early. There just wasn't going to be a successful second attempt after Southwest threw all the money (immediate SW rates) into the first deal. To expect to extract more relative seniority, or more pay from a second deal was a fatal way of thinking from the MEC. And that's exactly how it played out. Gary stated numerous times at numerous venues that he wanted a negotiated deal and he expected the pilots to lead in that regard. Whether you liked that line of thinking or not, it was out there.

If you wanted more seniority on the first agreement, it should have been negotiated then. Once it was agreed upon, it anchored the next round and most on the SW side felt like the company would definitely pull the money. Which they did. A multi-million dollar error on ALPA's part.

Thanks for that. I am going off thread topic here but I am really more interested in your current section 6. How are negotiations going? You've been at it for 2-3 years? Close to end game? Management playing hard ball? Pilots satisfied with pace of negotiations? At my own carrier we are not at all happy with negotiations and especially management's stance on several key issues. Been at it for over three years. Things starting to heat up as pilots' patience is at an end. Wish the best for you guys but I think that SWAPA will have to experience a real sea change to get any traction. Perhaps this is where the "disgruntled" AT pilots may be a real asset in your struggle to improve your CBA. You are probably going to have to inflict some "pain" on SWA before you get any positive movement. That's something I don't think SWAPA knows how to do.

Regards,
Fr8doggie

Fr8- I think most of us on the line are in a patient mode

There are 5 major projects being finished in 2015, plus new international terminals in 3 cities coast to coast in a few years after-
Our leverage will be better then, and most don't mind sitting on the best contract and making gains a year later

JMO

Latest resources

Back