• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Says Planes Could Not Land Without Air Traffic Control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm with FedEx1, the quote that we are all debating is from an angry passenger. She heard what she wanted to from the Captain's PA. Non-event.

However, maybe the folks from Airline happened to be filming that night and it will be on next season.

slaquer5 said:
Bring up the rear, why the hate for SWA ?

It is interesting how many on this board do not put where they are currently employed. Are they that embarrassed? Probably.

ivauir said:
Nope, I am just tired of losers thinking they can spout off unfunny, untrue, insults and then think it is ok or won't be challenged just because they put a smiley face on it.

You want to poke fun? Work on being funny. In the mean time expect someone to challenge you just about every time you insult their employer.

Be a LUVr not a H8er
Number one, I order you to take a number two.

yep it's a trend now....

ivauir said:
Nope, I am just tired of losers thinking they can spout off unfunny, untrue, insults and then think it is ok or won't be challenged just because they put a smiley face on it.

You want to poke fun? Work on being funny. In the mean time expect someone to challenge you just about every time you insult their employer.

Be a LUVr not a H8er

Like I said it seems to me that some of the SWA folks are a little sensitive. Thanks for helping me to illustrate my point.
Andy

P.S. If the kool-aid gives you cramps... Stop drinking it!

xanderman said:
Like I said it seems to me that some of the SWA folks are a little sensitive. Thanks for helping me to illustrate my point.
Andy

P.S. If the kool-aid gives you cramps... Stop drinking it!

Like I said it seems to me that some folks like to hide their insults behind "humor" that isn't funny. These folks are jerks. Thanks for illustrating my point.

Stifler's Mom said:
I'm with FedEx1, the quote that we are all debating is from an angry passenger. She heard what she wanted to from the Captain's PA. Non-event.

However, maybe the folks from Airline happened to be filming that night and it will be on next season.

the show is no longer being produced and is to my understanding canceled and only in re-runs.

scoreboard said:
We won't leave the departure airport if curfew is going to be an issue, been there done that, we explain it to the customers, they take the next flight the next day. How would you have us handle it seeing as you have all the answers?:p

Departing for an airport, whose tower is required to be open in order to legally land, when you know it won't be is quite similar to departing for an airport you won't be able to land at due to curfew.

Now if the true story is substantially different from what the opener of this thread would have us believe, then maybe there's nothing to talk about. Maybe the tower in PVD never got the message. Maybe there was some other miscommunication that the flight crew was unaware of.

But as anyone who operates in the same environment as SWA can attest, the LUVers are known for their constant requests to be accomodated at the expense of other carriers. And many times they are, for whatever reason. This sounded like one attempt that backfired. And for all the people who have had to turn, slow down or wait for SW to be put at the front of the line, this was a little taste of sweet revenge.

canyonblue737 said:
the show is no longer being produced and is to my understanding canceled and only in re-runs.

Didn't know that. I couldn't watch the show anyways. I always felt like I was back at work and at the end of the program I was irritated with the traveling public.:nuts:

Latest resources

Back