Southwest Says Planes Could Not Land Without Air Traffic Control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bringupthebird said:
Departing for an airport, whose tower is required to be open in order to legally land, when you know it won't be is quite similar to departing for an airport you won't be able to land at due to curfew. DUH, and we didn't.

Now if the true story is substantially different from what the opener of this thread would have us believe, then maybe there's nothing to talk about. Maybe the tower in PVD never got the message. Maybe there was some other miscommunication that the flight crew was unaware of. Your right, there is nothing to be ade of this mole hill

But as anyone who operates in the same environment as SWA can attest, the LUVers are known for their constant requests to be accomodated at the expense of other carriers. And many times they are, for whatever reason. This sounded like one attempt that backfired. And for all the people who have had to turn, slow down or wait for SW to be put at the front of the line, this was a little taste of sweet revenge.

B.S. on the accomodation, I can't count the times ATC has offered a direct to other carriers only to be told "no thanks, we need to keep on the clock" or something to that effect. Last week I even heard "no, we need to make-em pay".

So this is all about revenge? Nice.

Stifler's Mom said:
Didn't know that. I couldn't watch the show anyways. I always felt like I was back at work and at the end of the program I was irritated with the traveling public.:nuts:
Yea, it was kind of like watching cops, but without the LAPD choke hold. It was kind of dissapointing to not see anyone doing the "funky chicken".

Bringupthebird said:
This sounded like one attempt that backfired.

Oh yea, they should have just cancelled the flight and not even try to get there. And then let the people fend for themselves, where? At BWI.

Nope, I am just tired of losers thinking they can spout off unfunny, untrue, insults and then think it is ok or won't be challenged just because they put a smiley face on it.

You want to poke fun? Work on being funny. In the mean time expect someone to challenge you just about every time you insult their employer.

Be a LUVr not a H8er

Where you been baby!!! Are you my back up from the G.O. I agree 100% with your post quoted above. Finally, some back-up!!!

cargoflyr69 said:
"It was so sad, and we were treated like cattle," said Michelle Harvey, who was flying home from Baltimore with her mother. Harvey said the passengers had to camp out overnight at the airport in Baltimore.

Passenger Jillian Costa shot home video of the ordeal. Costa was traveling with an infant, and she wasn't the only one. "I had no formula. Nothing. He's been in the same diaper since 1:15 this morning," Costa said. "At one point, I needed something to mix her formula with and it took them forever to even give me hot water,"

Dang, People are stupid!!!

Michelle, Pay more money for your ticket and you might get some service, not just a seat to XYZ. If you wern't so cheap you could afford a hotel room too.

Jillian, Jillian, Jillian... Fly prepared with extra diapers, and don't ever expect that its your right for someone to serve you hot water.

Aren't those $39 tickets great!!!!

Passengers are the same that used to ride Trailways.

Except "we be ridin' in style. Where's my free $hit"

Im sorry but I dont have that much time to read this BS......Page 1....we know something of the details....As a manager you have to know the entire story....So here it goes. Baby Hungry,,,,People Stranded, Love Squandered, and Crew over worked. Next thing we do is develop a logical scenario of the circumstances that develpoed into these atrocitities. First and foremost is the presumption that the baby was actually hungry. Our Counsel has already advised us that the baby had been breast fead 24 hours prior while the mother was napping in the terminal. Simply stated...Mommy was selfish.

More Importantly, Mommy's sister had already stated that she would never watch over her sisters Baby. Obviously, where do we go from here. In a court filled inquiry the judges unamiously found for the Grandmothers Sister.

All parties are still trying to find Nannie.

Focus said:
Im sorry but I dont have that much time to read this BS......Page 1....we know something of the details....As a manager you have to know the entire story....So here it goes. Baby Hungry,,,,People Stranded, Love Squandered, and Crew over worked. Next thing we do is develop a logical scenario of the circumstances that develpoed into these atrocitities. First and foremost is the presumption that the baby was actually hungry. Our Counsel has already advised us that the baby had been breast fead 24 hours prior while the mother was napping in the terminal. Simply stated...Mommy was selfish.

More Importantly, Mommy's sister had already stated that she would never watch over her sisters Baby. Obviously, where do we go from here. In a court filled inquiry the judges unamiously found for the Grandmothers Sister.

All parties are still trying to find Nannie.

...what are you talking about? Someone in their right mind made you a manager? No wonder .... nevermind, not worth it.

Latest resources

Back