• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilots Aggressively Push Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughed dude has a pension - a military pension, with retiree health care, unlike many of the guys for whom 5 more years of 121 flying (in either seat) may make a world of difference.

Bringupthebird said:
Furloughed dude has a pension - a military pension, with retiree health care, unlike many of the guys for whom 5 more years of 121 flying (in either seat) may make a world of difference.

Figures, another fricken kernel.:nuts:

Haven't been furloughed for some time now, and yes, I do have a pension at my company. A real retirement, unlike your company. Also better wages and I don't fly 6 legs a day....

At least I fly in the USA. You had to go to the middle east to get a job, that nobody wanted anyway. Your profile says you're "guard bum" what you guarding?...... all your cash in your DB pension? What you an FE or what? Jealous we get to fly airplanes or what?

[quote='LUVIN LIFE]It's not a matter of retirement packages, it's a matter of principle. Why should we let foreign pilots fly in our airspace up to 65 but we can't?

I must say though, I don't agree with the language that the FO needs to be less than 60. To me that just says there is a health/safety problem, otherwise why should one care how old the FO is? That restriction needs to be removed because it's contradictory to the argument.

And oh, the whole Wright Amendment thing, life is good![/quote]

So all the airlines have to scrap their pensions and cut their salaries to compete with SWA and now SWA pilots want to work to 65 because they have no pension. That's priceless.......

furloughed dude said:
If these guys would get a decent pension, they wouldn't need to work until 65. C'mon guys, get a fu##ing pension so you won't have to screw up everyone else's life. I can't believe you fools want to keep flying past 60.....

It's a little late for that.....SWA pilots reshape the industry by working 1000 hours a year for half the going rate without a guranteed retirement over the last three decades or so. Do you think they are going to suddenly change the formula? The kicker will be ten years down the road when they have the bloated salaries and there will be no more productivity increases to be found. They will be complaining to the rest of us about working for too little and wh#ring ourselves out, etc....

Green said:
The kicker will be ten years down the road when they have the bloated salaries and there will be no more productivity increases to be found. They will be complaining to the rest of us about working for too little and wh#ring ourselves out, etc....

Yea, that's gonna happen. :rolleyes: :puke:

Green said:
So all the airlines have to scrap their pensions and cut their salaries to compete with SWA.......

That's why they did it? Thanks for clearing it up for me. Southwest rules the World and I didn't even know it.

Sorry Swa/fo, as usual you are wrong again. Fully funded DB plan, A plan, and I don't work in the middle east. Pay rates higher than yours, you figure it out. And yeah, I retired from the guard with 22 years. I don't get paid for another 16 years, but that will be another nice pension check. It will be nice retiring at 60, don't you wished you could? That's right, you have to work until 65, then still not have a pension.. Sucks to be you!

It will be nice retiring at 60, don't you wished you could? That's right, you have to work until 65, then still not have a pension.. Sucks to be you!

You know for a fact I will not retire at 60? Tell me more!!!

Furloughed dude. You are my hero. I wish I could retire like you. WOW. Any chance you would help me out a little? You're sooooooooooooo cool.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back